Chapter 29

Hailee

We talk and talk for a few hours. I laugh my heart out while Ethan smiles widely wince the wires are attached to him. His smile is something I love especially when I am the reason. I tell him a lot of corny jokes.

"When you were talking to me while I was in coma, I heard you say baby."

"Yes, Ethie. Our baby. I want to tell you at a good time and I think this is it. I am pregnant for one month."

My tears slip out as I see him smiling wide and he opens his eyes, looking at me. I smile back as I kiss him on his soft lips.

"What do you think the gender is?"

He asks me. I just shrug my shoulder because I honestly don't know about it. After all, my pregnancy is too early.

"I don't really mind. If its a girl, what would you like to name her?"

"Mia. It sounds so soft. If its a boy, I like Jackson."

"I like Mia."

"For now, call the baby peanut. Because it must be small like peanut."

I nod my head while giggling. Peanut. I like it.

"Ethie, do you remember when you said you love me?"

"Which babygirl? I said I love you so many times."

"When you said it for the first time, butterflies fill my stomach."

"Well now there is only one butterfly. Right, peanut?"

Ethan puts his large hand on my tummy and rub circles on it. I place hand on his.

"Mommy and Daddy love you so much, Peanut. I am not capable to raise you like other Daddies do."

"Why Ethan?"

He stays silent. I know what he means but I am in denial of it. He can't die. He just can't.

I look at him as he closed his eyes for a few minutes. I admire his jawline, his dark brown hair, long eyelashes and every inch of his face. He is just so perfect. I can't really see his flaws. None of them are obvious.

He closed his eyes for about 15 minutes now. But his chest still goes up and down normally. I straighten my position so I am facing the ceiling now. My hand still placed in Ethan's hand. I can feel his love flowing through his hand to me.

"Hailee, I may not live a new chapter of life with you, because I am dying. So I was just thinking...."

He tries hard to let words slip out from his mouth and my eyes are teary as hell.

"Thinking about what?"

Ethan pulls out a dollar from his pocket and starts to make an origami. He folds and folds it until it forms a ring.

"Hailee Rose Henry, I love you more than anything and I am so sorry I cannot give you what most girlfriends want. I don't have big car or a mansion to offer you. My unconditional love is the only thing I can offer. And also my herat which you are the queen and ruler. I can't imagine living without but you have to imagine it even you don't want to. The baby is the sign of our love. Take care of peanut for me."

I cry as he takes a deep breath before get to the point. I cover my mouth while my right hand is in his.

"Will you be my wife for the next few hours?"

"Yes,yes,yes."

He slips the paper ring to my finger. I cry while giggling because I never thought this is how my wedding ring looks like. All the other girls have their ring with diamonds on it while mine has George Washington on it. It doesn't matter, what matters is what the ring represents.

"Quite big on your cutie finger. Sorry."

I shake my head immediately while laughing lightly. He is smiling with his eyes closed.

"No, no its perfect. I like George Washington."

He smiles, showing his white teeth and dimples. Ethan leans in before crashing his lips on mine. The kiss tastes like pure love. It comes from a sincere heart.

He pulls away coughing hard. I get up and rub circles on his back but the cough is getting worst. I scream as blood pours out from Ethan's mouth. I hug him while he coughs onto my shoulder. I don't care cause this might be the last time.

I push the red button for when you need fast action. Ethan wraps his arm around my waist while the other on my tummy, rubbing circles. Tears start to stream down my face as the doctors and nurses pull us apart.

"I.....Love.....You"

Ethan says while reaching out his hand and I do to as the nurses drag me out. Our hands touch for a moment.

"I LOVE YOU ETHAN!"

I scream histerically when I watch Ethan from the small window on the door. I bang on the window screaming Ethan's name. Grayson pulls me back from the door.

I drop the dollar ring on the floor. I fall on my knees, picking up the dollar ring slowly. My cry is unstoppable now, no one can stop it. No one.

"Hailee, what happened?"

Yooooooo!!! Thanks for reading.✌🏻❤️💚💛💙💜