Chapter 14

Grayson
We leave as soon as possible because Hailee seems worried that her mother will be pissed. I am the on who drives and Ethan is sitting in the back, comforting Hailee.

"I think I know why my parents want me to go home."

I look at her through the mirror, waiting for her explanation. Ethan holds her hand tightly.

"They want to ask about my sister's pregnancy, I guess. My sister probably told them about the man that gets her pregnant was my ex."
She starts to cry and that touches my heart because who would have thought about a strong, happy girl is a mentally damaged by her life problems.
I keep my eyes on the road while Ethan is being a gentleman back there. I love the way Ethan treats her. She really deserved nice treats from the man she loves.
We stop for ice cream because Ethan insisted to stop because he said his babygirl will be better with some desserts.

------------

Hailee

Ethan wakes me up as we arrive at my front gate. My hands start to sweat and my heart goes faster minute by minute. Why am I scared? Because I sense something awful will happen.
I knock on the door and continue holding hands with Ethan. It really comforts me. 7 months and I already have a date.

My mom opens the door and she looks surprised when I come home with two boys. She kisses my cheek but then handshake the boys. Ethan and Grayson look very calm while I am here shaking my knees off.

"Mom, this is Ethan and Grayson. They are my roomates and don't worry, they keep me away from any harm."

"Hello, I am Hayden. Feel free to call me Hayden. By the way, my husband will be back soon."
I sigh when I see my mom treats them like usual. I walk to the living room, pulling Ethan's hand to follow my lead. I see Hazel running downstairs and pulls me into a hug. I pull away and look down to her stomach. It is flat. I tilt my head while staring at her and she sighs.
Grayson and Ethan sit next to me on the couch. My mom sits next to me while placing her hand on my hand.

"So, how is your study? Your results?"
"Fine but I don't think that is the main thing you want to discuss, right?"

She shakes her head and she keeps glancing at Hazel. They are hiding something from me. I take a look at the twins and they just shrug their shoulder. Ethan signals me to pay attention to my mom.

"Let me just cut to the chase. Hazel already gave birth to the baby and we check the dna. It is Matthew's. Matt is dying, Hailee. He was diagnosed cancer stage 3 and the only thing he wanted is to be with you. He wants to make you as his wife, so you okay with it?"

My jaw drops on the floor while my eyes keep staring at the faces that I love. Oh no, Ethan. I shake my head lightly when I am about to say something.

"Mom, the baby is Hazel's and Matt's. Why don't you bring them together? After all, they already have a child. I am seriously not okay with this."

"Hazel is not ready and she has a boyfriend. If her boyfriend finds out, it will get worst."

"So am I. I have a boyfriend myself so explain to me why I have to marry him?"

My mom takes a deep breath before she continues but our conversation been interrupt by the sound of the door slam.
It is my father. He shakes hands with the twins and kisses my head before taking a seat next to my mom.

"So you tell her?"  My father asks my mother and my mom nods lightly.

"Honey, who is your boyfriend?"
My mom looks at Ethan while giving him a sweet smile.
"You are looking at him, mom."
My mom wides her eyes and she looks at Ethan up and down.

I feel sick when this happened. My mom is judging Ethan before she even knows him better. I can't imagine if she finds out about Ethan's past. I am the one who will be killed first and then Ethan is next.

She smile weakly and pats my father on the thigh. My father signals us because he wants to have a private conversation in the kitchen. When they zoom out from our sights, Hazel takes a seat next to me. I wish I can slam her face against the wall.

"Why don't you tell us?"
I hold Ethan's hand when I want to give her a comeback.

"Why I have to tell you? You hook up with my ex without telling me."

She leans against the couch while massaging her head. She looks depressed but she doesn't have any idea what I have been through.
Harry walks from the backyard and I can see his shirt is wet from his sweat.
He jogs at me before giving me a hug and kisses me on the forehead.
"Ew, you are sweating and smelly. And you hug me."
He giggles but then he stops when he realises that he is not the only boy in the living room. He shakes hand with Ethan abd Grayson.
My parents come out from the kitchen with tense looking face. They sit down and my dad is giving me a death stare. It scares a shit out of me.

"Hailee, you will marry Matthew even you have a boyfriend. At least when he died, you know you have a replacement."

I get up and so do the boys. My parents look shocked but I don't care. I tell Grayson to start the engine but Ethan sticks with me.
"I don't believe you guys are my parents. I thought you want me to be happy. You don't have any idea how much Ethan brings the light of my life after what Matthew had done. You only care about Matt's feelings. But did you care about mine and Ethan? No, because you don't give a damn about us!"

I walk out from the house with tears streaming down my face.