Chapter 27

Hailee

Everyone in the room keep silence as I finish spilling out what I really wanted to say a long time ago. I lean against my bed and close my eyes. I feel so free and relief. I can feel Cassie leans against me but that doesn't bother me. After all, she is my bestfriend.

"Hailee, wake up lazy bitch."

Wait, I haven't heard that voice for a really long time. I open my eyes and I see Laquisha. But no one else, just her. She is in the crop top that I bought for her 16th birthday. She smiled while tilting her head, fondling my hair like she used to.

"That's a brave girl. My girl. I am so proud of you babe. Ethan needs you, wake up now."

Laquisha opens the window and jump. I scream at the top of my lung.

"LAQUISHA!"

I open my eyes and I see my family, Grayson, his parents and Cassie look at me in confusion.

When I am about to say something, the doctor comes in with a sad expression on her face. She smiles weakly and that is a fake one.

"Ethan Dolan is in very critical condition. Three broken ribs, pieces of glass in his forehead and thigh. One of them almost hit his artery femoral but we managed to pull it out. Blood filling up his lungs. I just wanna say be prepared for anything. By the way, the nurse is coming to help Hailee goes to his room."

She walks out after shaking hands with every single person in that room. Be prepared? Am I prepared to lose him? I look at Grayson and I don't know how he managed to stay calm when his twin is dying. The one that he spent most of his lifetime with.

The nurse comes with a wheelchair and Grayson helps me to get on it. The nurse pushes me slowly and I stare at my bruised feet. I lift my head up as I hear a baby's crying and I see a woman on wheelchair, just like me cradling a baby. She is so tiny and pink. That is me after eight months.

"You can talk to him. He might not give any response but he can listen."

I nod after listening to the nurse explanation. I cover my mouth as I see Ethan's lifeless body is full of wires attached to life support machine. I put my hand in his even though his hand doesn't hold mine like it used to. His hand which used to be warm, is cold as ice now.

His eyes almost closed but I still can see his eyes a little. I caress his cheeks for times and plant kisses on the lips. I cry my eyes out but silently because I don't want Ethan listens to my cry. He will be weak if he knows I am.

"Ethie baby, I love you so much and my love is can't be described by words. You taught me about real love means and I understand immediately when you say you love me. I really need you. And only you, Ethan. I don't care if the world is against us. I don't care if people don't understand how much we love each other as long as we do understand. I just want you to be strong for me and our baby. Yes, our baby. I am pregnant and I promised I will love it no matter what its gender just like how I love you. Both of you are my shelter now, where I stay after running from all of my problems. When you said you love me, I feel like I'm at the edge of paradise. I love you with every ounce of my being. I promised you my heart if you do the same. Love me and I love you for eternity. I can't wait to have a family with you and be yours forever."

I finish my heart's contents by kissing his bruised knuckles. I cover my mouth as I see a single tear escapes from his eye. He listened to me. He knows he is going to be a father. He knows that I love him. He knows I am his and he's mine. He knows everything. The only thing that is not satisfying me is when he can't reacts happily to my pregnancy announcement.

"Hailee, is everything okay?"

Grayson asks as he walks in with the others. Grayson walks near me before wrapping his arm around my waist. It feels like how Ethan did.

"Everything is fine. He already knew about our baby and I am glad he is very happy with it."

"Baby? You are pregnant?"

My mom asks with a worried look. I nod with wide smile plastered on my face. Grayson lowers his body to my level while tears of joy are filling his eyes.

"How do you know Ethan is happy with it? Did he talks to you?"

Grayson asks me while my eyes are glued to Ethan's innocent face.

"I just know he is."

Grayson nods before sitting next to me, holding Ethan's hand. He loves Ethan as much as I do. I understand his feelings because we are the same. I am glad Grayson stays by my side and comforts me when no else did.

I am drowning in playing back all the memories I created with Ethan.

I miss them so much and Ethan.

I am crying while doing this chapter and my tears won't stop coming out. Geez, I am so heartbroken af!

Peace❤️💙💛💜💚✌🏻✌🏻