Chapter 12

Hailee

Since I dated Ethan, everyone in the campus started to spread bad rumors about us. Having sex in the janitor room, making out in the toilet, me cheating on Ethan. The world seems against us but I don't care. Ethan helps me in going through all the things and I am beyond happy when he doesn't give a shit what people said.

Now, I am cuddling with Ethan while Ethan scrolling through his instagram. He taps the comments on the picture he posted of me, Cassie, Grayson having dinner together. We were so happy that time. I look at the caption and it says "The ones that I can't live without."

I look at the comments, some of them are super nice and the others are super mean.

"Ew, Ethan fell in love with some bitches?"
"Ethan doesn't have taste!"
"What kind of girls are them?"
"Attention seeker!"
"Boo, Ethan dolan sucks at picking girls!"

I shake my head but the land a kiss on his cheek. He turns around and peck me on the lips. I smile weakly and then he notices my smile is not sincere as I always give to him.

"What is wrong babygirl? Did I do something wrong?"

"No, I am so sorry you have to go through all of these. The world doesn't want us to be together, maybe?"

I look at him and he giggles. Why?

"Babygirl, every relationship has problem. But that's what make us more open minded and strengthen our love towards each other. The scars of the bad history may stay, but they will be overcome by unconditional love. I don't give a shit what people say, because all I want is for you to love me unconditionally."

I nod and my eyes start to form tears. Ethan wipes them off and kisses me on the forehead. I bury my face on his chest as he breaks the kiss. I feel much safer when he wraps his hand around my head and the other around my waist. I wrap my legs around his waist while my fingers running through his messy hair.

Grayson and Cassie went out to get dinner because we doesn't feel like walking to the restaurant.

I can't believe Ethan is a fuckboy as Grayson said. Because he protects me like he is my husband.

"Hey pumpkin, are you sleepy?"

Pumpkin. Matthew used to call me that. Matthew is my first love, I left him for a reason. I still remember the day that I left him.

I'm so freaking tired after spending time with Laquisha at the mall. I get home around 12 am. I scroll my phone while finding the keys and I saw a message from Matthew.

Matt baby❤️: Babe, I'll be at your house around 10. Xoxo

I slap my face, realising I forgot that I promised him a few days ago. I run to my room, dropping all my paper bags.

My jaw dropped as I open the door.

Matthew was fucking a girl and the scene is on my bed. My bed. The girl held the headboard as Matthew thrust in her.

Matt rolled down the bed while the girl cover her body with my blanket. Matt chased me outside while I ran to my car. I got into the car and ignoring his loud knocks against the window, signaling me to open so he can explain. Before leaving the house, I can see my sister pushed and yelled at the unknown girl Matt slept with.

In a few moments, Laquisha was in my car, comforting me. I drove so fast and the last thing I remember was Laquisha on the road, bleeding badly. She was killed in the accident. I blamed myself. I killed her.

I snap out from my daydream when Ethan snaps his finger. He wides his eyes as he stares me deeply in the eyes.

"Babygirl, why are you crying?"

Nothing. I shake my head and wipe my dried tears. I cried because what happened to Laquisha. If I wasn't driving that night, she should be here. Everyone keep saying she is in a better place but I keep thinking what if she doesn't?

Ethan gets up and grabs my purple floral blanket. He covers my body with the blanket and wraps me like I am a little cold baby.

"Ethie, could you please pass me my phone?"

He nods and gives my phone. Ethan walks toward the bathroom so I unlock my phone before a message pops out.

It's Matthew. I still keep his number in my phone.

Matt: Hey baby, I know that you are in a college now, fucking some fuckboys? Wow, my girl has grown up. Anyway, I love ya❤️

I reply his text as fast as I could as the anger filling my head and affecting my fingers.

Me: If I'm fucking some fuckboys, what do you care? I will never be your girl and love me? Huh, you are so good in playing words.

I press the homebutton and I immediately press facetime to facetime those girls or I should call them my enemies.

"Hey girl! How is your fuckboy?"

Laura laughs after saying them. I sigh and spill my intention.

"Why do you tell Matthew about my relationship?"

"Oh why? Ethan broke up with you? Great because I want him."

"No, Ethan will never do that. He is different."

"Late or soon, he will honey. You are so desperate for sex huh?"

"Yeah, but at least I didn't get pregnant and cry because that man that said he loves you walk away and find another victim."

Laura ends the call and so do I. I am so stressed right now.