Chapter 15

Hailee

"I can't take this anymore. I want to leave."
I pull Ethan's hand and he just play along. But I feel terrible.
I let go of his hand and walk towards my mom. I hug her and then Hazel. Harry pulls me into a hug and whispers something.
"I love you."
I smile weakly before heading to my dad who is sitting on the couch, not moving a muscle. I kiss his cheek and hug him.

"I am sorry for dissapointing you. But I really can't."

I feel sorry for treating them like this but I cannot accept the fact that they forced me to marry someone that I don't have any feelings but anger.
"Break up with Ethan or I will do worst."

My heart stops for a moment when dad says that. I can't believe this is happening. They rather watch me suffer than be happy.

I back away from him when he gives me a death stare. He points the front door, signaling me it is time to get out.

"You are not my daughter anymore. Get out from this house and don't you ever land your single foot on this house!"

He throws some money and the dollars just land on the floor and some of them hit me on the face. Tears start to streaming down my face because I am now officially disowned by my own family.
"I don't want money, I want this."

I grab the framed family picture on the display table. I kiss my mom and Hazel on the cheek before stepping towards the door. I can hear Hazel's screaming, telling me to come back and it just tears me down even more. I feel weak and I drop the picture before I do to myself.

I turn behind and I see my dad dragging Hazel inside. I lay on the grass and cry harder. I don't know what should I do now.

Ethan jumps out from the truck and cups my cheek which is stained by dried tears and dirt. He carries me bridal style while Grayson picks up the framed family picture and both of them help me to get into the car.

Grayson starts to drive  while I am waving to Hazel who is screaming at the top of her lung on the balcony, calling my name. She just realised that I am not her sister and I will never get to spend time with her anymore.
Then, it is my turn. I scream at the top of my lung and crying. Ethan is panicing when I am turning to a suicidal person.
I shut my ears because I can hear voices. Voices of my mom, Hazel and Harry calling my name and repeating it.

Ethan

I pull Hailee into an embrace when she starts to scream and crying. She covers her ears and yells.
"I am sorry mom and dad! I am sorry Hazel and Harry!"
Grayson keeps looking at me through the driver mirror and signaling me to comfort her. The thing is I am but she is too mentally sad.

---------------

Hailee fell asleep about an hour ago after I comforted her with playing her favorite movie and bought her some favorite food. She fell asleep on my lap while I fondle her messy hair after she messed it when she was screaming.

Grayson called Cassie so we can meet at our favorite restaurant. When we arrive at the restaurant, Cassie quickly opens the car door and hugs Hailee who just woke up from her sleep.
We order a few meals that suits Hailee's appetite. All we want is for her to light up. I never thought that something like this would happen to my babygirl.
Hailee refuses to eat at the first place but then I feed her. My eyes get teary when I look at her face. Puffy eyes, messy hair and she look so tired. Tired of all these problem and I am sure that will effect her future.

We stop at several places like Starbucks, fashion shop before going back to our room. None of these bring her to her normal mood. A happy, strong, positive girl turns to a sad, weak and negative one.
When we get to our room, she goes to the bathroom, barely speak two words with any of us. 
Who will be happy when you been disowned by your own biological family? I am surprised because Hailee was just tearing apart as for me being disowned, I will end my life.
The semester holiday will start in a few days after we finished our exam. Cassie asked her camp commandant so she can go home to help us being a family to Hailee since she lost one.
I get an awful feeling about Hailee being in the bathroom too long. She told us that she only wanted to wash her face and if she is taking a shower, at least I will hear the sound of water hitting the tiles.
I walk to the bathroom and knock on the door.
"Baby, what are you doing? You take too long. Hailee, answer me baby!"
When I can't hear any reply, I ask for Grayson's help to pick the door lock. Once he is done, I barge in. I start to cry when I see Hailee in the tub while the water is not clear anymore, it is red.
I try to find her pulse on her left wrist since the other one is cut open. Grayson is outside, calming Cassie who screams like a hysterical person.
I carry Hailee to the truck while tears streamin down my face. Our dorm leader is going to the office to explain what happened.
"What the fuck Grayson! Faster!"
I cry so hard because I might lose my baby.