Chapter 23

Ethan

Hailee turns her face away as I see her naked and bruised body. She starts to cry because she thinks that I will be disgusting when I look at her. She looks at me while cracking a pained smile. Oh no, what did the prick did to her?

I take off my shirt and covers her with it before carrying her upstairs. Matthew is on the floor as a few policemen are handcuffing him. Hailee buries her face onto my neck and I can tell she is crying when I feel hot liquid on my neck.

As I take her out, Hayden faints as she looks at her daughter's condition. She will forever be blame herself because she forced Hailee to marry Matthew, the man that caused my baby suffers. Grayson and Cassie are crying hysterically in the ambulance.

I hold her hand as they lay her on the small bed in the ambulance. The paramedic places a lot of wires on her arms and iced the bruises. Hailee is staring at my eyes and I can see pain in her eyes. So much pain.

"It's okay princess. I got you."

"Injured badly at her private parts and head. She is bleeding badly."

I cry as I listen the paramedic's report to the hospital. I choke on my tears as I try to hold it back because I want to be strong for Hailee. As we arrive at the hospital, the nurses rush her to critical treatment. Hailee is expressionless. I call her name but she ignores me and that is when I start to worry about her attitude changing.

I watch her from afar as she dissapears from my sights. My parents are comforting her parents. I lose control and I rush to Hailee's parents.

"See? The man that you want your daughter to spend her whole life with just did something that will affect her whole future!"

Andrew doesn't has the guts to fight back like he always does. Hayden seems like she wants ti say something but after looking at my face that shows pure anger, she just kissed it off.

-----------------

"Hailee has been beated too much and that leaves countless bruises. She also been raped cruelly as her private part is bleeding non stop until we treat the injury. Her left rib is broken and she has been forced to eat a lot of sleeping pills and that cause the damage of her certain organs."

I run my finger through my hair while the doctor writes something on the Hailee's treatment file.

"Oh, and who is Ethan Dolan?"

I walk up to the doctor and he smiles at me lightly. I give him a fake smile because all I want is for him to tell what is wrong with me.

"She said she wanted to see you and she just wanted you. No one else."

I nod as he pats me on my shoulder before walking away. I jog to Grayson and tell him what the doctor said.

"Go! I'll explain to the others."

I mouth him 'thank you' before running as fast as I could to the personal ward that they placed Hailee. I barge in and I see a nurse taking her pulse while chatting with Hailee. As the nurse notices me, she excuse herself before exits the room.

I cry and get on my knees before crying on her thighs. I can feel her soft hands roaming on my hair. I look up to her and I see her sweetest smile that I haven't seen for a few weeks. She frames my face with her pale hands before planting a kiss on my forehead. I miss that kiss.

Hailee wipes away my tears while giggling softly. I admire her face that I used to see everytime I wake up. She has a face that looks like been carved by angels and lips that look like shiny soft peach. Her eyes like crystal clear ocean.

"I am sorry, I am a useless boyfriend because I was not there when you desperately need me. I blamed myself fully what happened to-"

She cuts me off by crashing her lips on mine. I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her closer to me. I can taste her salty dried tears on her lips.

"It wasn't your fault. And forever it will never be."

I crack a pained smile before laying with her on the bed. I wrap my arms around her like a fence that will keep her away from any harm. She buries her face in my chest while I plant kisses on her scent hair. For a few weeks, I kept thinking that I will never smell this anymore.

We fell asleep together with her by my side and my arms around her, keeping her safe.

Grayson

I watch them through the small window on the door. I can see how much they love each other. I can see how much they need each other lives. I can see how much they depend on each other.

"We need to break them apart. Or something bad will happen."

I turn around looking at Andrew who just spilled those words with a dirty look. I bravely walk up to him while glancing at my parents who are look so dissapointed with a people that insults Ethan.

"Listen! My fucking twin that saved your daughter! Your choice seemed like no good at all to Hailee but only brings disaster! Let them be happy! What the fuck is your problem?! Don't you see that they fell in love with each other?!"

My mother holds me back as I about to throw punches to his face.

Thanks for readinggggg!!!
Peace✌🏻❤️💙💚💜💛