Chapter 30

Grayson

"Hailee, what happened?"

She smiles widely and sits properly on the floor. I low my body to her level and try to understand what her reaction really means. I tilt my head to see her face since her hair is covering her face. She holds up her right hand and I see a dollar origami ring on it.

"Ethan proposed. I'm officially his wife now. Forever."

Tears mixed with joy and sadness stream down my face. I hug her and I can her squeals and light laugh. She is so happy for what just happened. Ethan is his husband, for the next few minutes. I am happy for her. So happy.

"Are you Ethan Dolan's family?"

The doctor asks and we nod at the same time.

"We tried our best. But we didn't managed to save him. I am so so sorry. I'll leave you guys alone."

Hailee keeps staring at her special ring. She smiles lightly and I am sure she listened to the doctor but she doesn't care because she already know from the very beggining. She already prepared for something like this. I am too.

-------------------------

4 years later

I walk towards Hailee's house which Ethan bought for Hailee before he died. I knock on the door before it creaks open, revealing Hailee who still looks stunning even though she is a mom now.

She wears a white hoodie with QUEEN word on it with her hair is in neat braid. She still looks like the first day at the college.

I am now married to Cassie but she is in Malaysia, doing research there. I always visit Hailee whenever I have free time.

"Gracieeeeee!! I miss you."

Mia, who just turned 4 year old a few days ago runs to me before jumping into my arms. I pick her up and leaving sweet kisses all over her face. She squeals and laugh sweetly. I can hear her laugh all day long, just like Hailee.

Mia has brown eyes, pink lips and long eyelashes just like Ethan's while the others are like Hailee's especially her hair.

She calls me Gracie because she said I look like her barbie doll. It doesn't matter because I love her so much.

"Where is Cass?"

"I don't know cutie pie, maybe we can search her in the house. Let's go!"

She jumps out from my arms and starts to run around the house. I laugh hardcore when she yells Cassie's name for times.

"Do you want some pancakes?"

Hailee asks me while mixing the ingredients. I nod when she pours the mixing into the pan. She sits next to me while waiting for the pancake to cook.

"Hailee, I dreamed about Ethan last night. He wanted me to tell you, he is always be with you only you don't see him."

"I know he's here. I can feel it."

She flips the pancake while singing Shower . She loved to sing that with Ethan.

"Last night, Mia asked me about how her father looks like. I told her he looks just like you only different hair styles. She said she wanted to make you as her daddy since she lost one. I don't know what to say. She always hides Ethan's picture under her pillow. Poor Mia."

"At least she knows she had a father."

Hailee nods, so I understand she knows what I am trying to say and she agreed with it. I just like the way she stays strong for Mia and the way she covers her pain not to make anyone worried.

Hailee

While Grayson is eating his pancakes, I walk to the display table and there is a framed picture of me on Ethan's back. There is a lot of his pictures but this one is my favorite.

I see the sunlight blinding my eyes as it shines through the window.

"Hi Ethie."

I know it was him. He always visits his loved ones.

"Hailee, is everything okay?"

I turn to Grayson and nod. He continues eating his pancakes while I stare out the window back.

Suddenly, I see someone standing outside the window. Someone that I miss so much. Someone that I haven't seen in a long time. Someone I love till this day.

Ethan.

I grab my cardigan and wear it. I put on my sandals.

"I am going to get some fresh air."

I yell to Grayson and after he replies okay, I run to where I saw Ethan. He is still there.
He is just like the day he left me. Still charming as always.

"Hey babygirl."

I run towards him and hug him tightly. I can smell his Dion Homme perfume. I lift my head up and I admire the face that I never forget. He kisses my forehead.

"How is our baby?"

"She is not a baby, she can run, Ethan."

He laughs and my tear slips out because I miss his laugh so fucking much. He kisses my forehead gently before whispering.

"I love you and I will always be here with you."

"Hailee, are you okay?"

I turn around and it is Grayson. He gives me 'everything okay' looks. I wipe my tears before turning my head back. Ethan's gone.

He just went back to where he belongs.

"It's okay Grayson. He is in somewhere better."

I walk with Grayson to get back into the house.

I love you, Ethan and I will never stop.

~The End~