Chapter 20

Hailee

I start to worry because it is 12 am but Ethan still out. I run my fingers through my hair and it causes my hair look messy. I call Grayson because they have been out for too long.

I feel sleepy and the last thing I remember is I fell asleep.

Ethan

I am driving and even though my eyes on the road but my mind is still stuck with what just happened. After Ellie said that she is pregnant by me, I run from the Starbucks and nothing on my mind but only going back to the dorm.

Hailee's face is the only thing that fills up my mind. How am I going to explain it to her? I can see her dissapointed face after telling her about this. I scream at the top of my lung in the car to relieve stress. I bang my head over and over on the steering.

I get off the car and my legs are shaking when I am walking to my room. I am scared I am going to lose her if I tell this to her. When I am standing infront the door, I twist the knob without knocking because Hailee probably sleeping. I don't want to bother her.

As I walk in, I see Grayson sleeping on his bed while Cassie is sleeping with Hailee on the lower bed. I look at Hailee and I can't imagine how broken she will be when I tell her the consequences of Ethan in the past did. I climb my bed and in a few minutes, I fell asleep.

------------------

Grayson

We are walking to our class while chatting like usual but something is bothering Ethan's mind because he walks barely speaks two words with us and keep staring at his moving feets.

"Ethan?"

He looks up to me and smile weakly. His appearance looks like he is a stray. Long sleeved gray shirt and gray beanie to cover his messy af hair.

"Ethan, what happened last night? You came home at midnight?"

He starts sweating when I ask and immediately I know that something really bad is bothering my brother. I signal him to tell me since I am afraid those girls will hear us.

"It's Ellie. She is pregnant. And the thing is I am the father. I am struggling about telling Hailee about this. How would she reacts?"

"What? Ethan, didn't you wear protection? And Ethan, you have to be honest to Hailee. Maybe she deny it at first but lately, she will accept it."

Ethan nods and walks faster as we reach our class building. As usual, every girls that we meet will say Hi but today Ethan doesn't replies at all.
We walk in our class and there is a few students in the class. We take our seat and remain silence. I check the time on my phone

9:40 am

I lock my phone. I look at Ethan and he is tapping his fingers on the table. I know he is nervous.

"Hey we still have 20 minutes. I think you should tell Hailee."

He nods and sigh heavily before dragging his feets to Hailee's seat. I wish that Hailee can accept it.

Hailee

I am talking to Jody when Ethan tells me that he want to discuss about something important. I excuse my self before following Ethan's lead.

As we reach a place quite far from the others, Ethan holds my hand and brings them to his chest.

"Yesterday, I went to Starbucks because Ellie, my ex hookup partner texted me to come. When I got there, nothing on my mind but you. Ellie told me that she is pregnant. And it is mine."

My jaw drop while my heart is torn to million pieces. What? I stare at him in the eyes. I can see he is begging for my forgiveness and support from me so he can get through this. Too many feelings mixed at this moment.
Sad, angry, pity, brokenhearted. It's all in one time.

"Baby, please. I am sorry okay."

I push him gently before walking away. I turn to him while giving a death glare.

"We will discuss this at our room."

I walk away trying to hold my tears in but I can't. I burst out crying when I get into the class and I jog to my seat. Jody calms me but it feels like no one can calm me in this situation.

I smile a little when Jody makes a joke. She tries to make me feel better and it works a little. I tell her everything. And she understands which makes me feel a lot better.

While we are walking back to our dorm, I tell Cassie that I am having a sleepover at Jody's room. I change my way and jog to catch Jody who is waiting for me. I hear Ethan's voice calling me and he is asking to continue our 'discussion'.

I run faster to Jody's room before getting in and slam the door infront of his face. I fall on my knees and burst out crying.

"Baby, don't torture my feelings. I love you."

Jody helps me to lay on her bed while Ethan continues banging at the doorand asking for a second chance. I am so torned.

I cover my ears and I can't help but to fall asleep, leaving my boyfriend crying and begging for forgiveness.

I am so broken rn and I just wanna say thanks for reading.
Peace✌🏻❤️💚💙💛💜