Chapter 1~Oh my! Cute Rebel!

.

.

.

.

.

.

It was just a usual, yet boring day at school where it was about lunch time. I sat at my usual lunch table eating my tuna sandwich in peace as some of the popular kids just had to walk by, only strutting their new designer clothes to the public, like they do everyday, as if anybody cared. Quietly placing my smelly sandwich down, I took a deep breath and sighed. My name is Mirabelle Bloomingfield and my family isn't poor nor rich but I, unlike the popular kids, have to wear hand-me downs from my older sister. That includes shirts, shorts, skirts, dresses, bras, etc; but the thing is, they're all too big on me except the bras.

Like mostly everyday for the past 11 years, my long curly golden brown hair was always braided in one gigantic braid unlike the populars who either had it curled or wavy while I had to wear glasses which sort of hid my hazel orbs. Life was like hell for me. I was pulled from my thoughts as somebody shook me gently.

"Earth to Mira, Can ya hear me?" The familiar voice of my best friend asked as I turned and looked at her. There sitting beside me on the red plastic bench was my party-going friend who was the total opposite of me, Delilah Owens. She was a centimeter taller than me (5'7''), blonde hair with red tips, has the most outstanding crystal blue eyes, and the body shape of a model. If you haven't figured out yet, she's one of the popular kids but she doesn't act like them.

"Yes, I can hear you." I mumbled as she smiled at me before picking at her mushy spaghetti that laid on her tray like a dead rat, even though it might have moved a little while I was watching it.

"So, bestie, do you by any chance have anything to do this afternoon?" She questioned as I nodded and went back to munching on my smelly sandwich. I might be a geek that wears oversized clothing and old worn out shoes but I do have things to do after school besides doing homework.

"Yeah, I'm updating my blogs and checking up on my followers, why? What do you have in mind?" I asked as she looked at me and smiled carelessly, not caring that people were watching us with envy and awe.

"Let's see, I wanted to take you out shopping but I can hold off on that for another time." She shrugged as I nodded. I really don't mind going shopping with her, its just that I'm not use to it because my parents didn't see why I should be doing that type of stuff.

Once lunch was over, I hurried to my next class, Physics. Slowly walking into the classroom, I took my stool at the back of the classroom like I always did and got ready as people started walking through the door in groups and pairs. Just as the late bell rung, the school's hottest and I mean the HOTTEST rebel, Collin Davidson, waltzed through the door with a bored look on his face. Miss Finch, being the nice teacher that she is, raised her eyebrow at him and told him to go take his seat, which just so happened to be the empty stool next to me. He shrugged carelessly before walking towards me as I quietly fiddled with my fingers in a nervous manner. As I continued to avoid looking at him, the stool slowly screeched against the white linoleum floor as he took a seat. Slowly looking over at him, I watched as he stared boringly at the board as I had to restrain myself from continuing to look at him. Noticing my weirdness like always, he turned and smiled at me.

"Good afternoon, Mirabelle. How are you?" He greeted as I turned to him and smiled stupidly, if I must add, while mentally face palming myself. I bet I looked completely stupid right now. Wait! He remembers my name?

"G-Good afternoon, Collin. I'm okay, umm what about you?" I stuttered as he chuckled at my nervousness before patting my head like a little kid to settle my nerves as I mentally smiled to myself.

"I'm alright, but you don't have to be nervous when you talk to me, I won't bite. Plus you're adorable." He stated happily with a smile on his face as I could feel the blood rush to my face.

After that, the rest of the class was challenging, especially since the teacher decided to give us an assignment where we had to group up and work on it with our partner. Every time I would look over at Collin, he would give me one of his most gorgeous smiles before I'd turn back to doing my work while blushing fiercely. I was SO thankful that the bell rung because I collected my things and dashed out of the classroom without looking back.

"Hey, nerd girl! Stop!" One of the popular females ordered as I stopped in the middle of the crowded hallway and turned to her. She smirked at me while walking a little closer with her expensive high heels clicking behind her. "Did you do my homework?" She asked with a disgusted look on her face. Me, being the forgetful person that I am, I had completely forgotten about it since I was too busy answering questions from my followers on one of my blogs.

"No." I mumbled as she nodded to someone behind me before the baggy jeans that I was wearing were pulled down. Quickly looking down, I noticed my sister's huge dark blue jeans laying by my feet on the dirty linoleum hallway floor. Laughter erupted all around me as I quickly pulled them up and ran towards the exit with tears streaming down my face, blurring my vision.

Why must I get bullied for what I wear? It's not like my parents care about it or me.

Just before I could get to the exit, I was quickly pulled into the janitor's closet and held closely to a large warm chest.

"It's okay Mirabelle. Just let it all out." The familiar voice of Collin whispered as I cried my eyes out. It was helpful to know that nice people still existed in this world.

__________________

A/N: Aww so CUTE!! Anyway, I hope you all like it. I'll probably add some more chapters throughout the week, so please stop by and check out my profile. It would help. Night! :)

2/11/15
Hello, this chapter has been edited and revised for now.

Don't forget to comment and vote!

ⓚⓘⓣⓣⓨ