Chapter 27~The Wolf's Wife

.

.

.

Georgina's POV

"Hun. Wake up." Somebody whispered as I grunted and turned away from the voice.

"No. Go away." I mumbled while about to fall asleep again when I was lifted out of my comfortable laying position.

"Come on, baby. Open your eyes for your husband." The voice whispered again as I recognized it as James.

"No. I look horrible and I have bad morning breath." I mumbled while placing a tired hand over my mouth.

"No, you look beautiful. And your breath smells of flowers." He whispered into my ear while pecking my cheek as I slowly opened my eyes and looked at him. He smiled and caressed my face as I took in his early morning features. He looked fresh and clean.

"Why are you up so early?" I asked while leaning my head on his shoulder.

"I had to finish up some work and handle some trouble." He whispered the last part as I lifted my head and inspected his face.

There was indeed a few scars and scrapes along his face that carried down to his shoulders and further beneath his shirt.

"Strip and lie down." I ordered while getting off his lap as he stared at me.

"It's not that bad. I'm fine." He argued as I frowned.

"James, if I must. I will cut off certain privileges for you and believe me, I can give a horrible cold shoulder." I softly growled as he sighed.

"I'm sorry." He apologized, taking off his shirt and pants. As he stripped down to his briefs, I waddled over and picked up the gigantic first aid kit that I kept around.

"It's okay." I smiled while sitting down on the bed next to him. He lifted his arms up as I rubbed some healing tonic on his scrapes and scars. He flinched a little as it stung, but quickly replaced it with a blank face. "What happened this time?" I asked while wrapping him up before moving to his face.

"I don't want to talk about it." He softly grunted as I sighed and continued working on his face.

"Okay." I whispered as the silence set in before he placed his hand on my stomach.

"I'm sorry. Today was just a horrible day for me. Are you mad at me?" He asked while rubbing my stomach.

"No. I understand that all of this is putting stress on you but you can tell me, after all, I am your wife." I smiled while bandaging up his last cut before he cupped my face and kissed me.

"Okay, I will. I promise." He whispered against my lips as our foreheads rested on each other's.

He explained to me how there were trespassers on our land, being the whole large city that was surrounded by nothing but woods. He also told me that some were just looking for a place to stay since they ran away or their land was taken over. He said half of them were women and little children, which were homeless so he invited them into the land, and the others were ruthless animals at which he had to take care of.

"I don't know where I'd be if I hadn't found you. I'm so glad that you understand." He whispered, smiling as he finished his sentence.

"Probably here, working these innocent people to death with your glare." I whispered while smirking as he chuckled and kissed me.

"You don't know how right you are. That's why I left before I did that." He chuckled as he kissed me again.

"What will we name him when he gets here?" I asked as we looked at each other.

"What about Kaleb Collin Johnson?"

"My brother's name as a middle name?" I asked, surprise quickly appearing on my face as he nodded.

"Of course. After all, he has kept my secret from everybody and has helped us out a lot." He whispered, a smile playing on his lips.

"I bet he'll be happy." I whispered as we cuddled together and dozed off.