Chapter 16~Friends? Friends.

.

.

.

.

An Hour Later~

We were just pulling into the parking lot of the mall in the next city over. I unbuckled my seat belt and turned to Alyssa.

"Are you ready?" I asked as she sighed.

"Yeah. But I don't see the point in why we came back here." She mumbled while nervously fiddling with her fingers.

"Back? Have you been here before?" I asked as Delilah and Sebastian got out.

"Yes. This is the city that I was sent to to go to private school. This is where my ex lives." She mumbled as I hugged her and stroked her hair.

"It's okay, darling. I won't let him interfere with my mission." I smirked as she pulled back and looked at me surprised.

"Mission?" She asked as I shrugged.

"I think you're just hearing things. What does your ex look like?" I asked as she pulled her cellphone out and showed me a picture. He was handsome but he wasn't better than Collin. He had shoulder length blonde hair with a set of dark brown eyes.

"This is him." She mumbled as I clicked the picture and sent it to my cell phone before deleting it.

"There's no point in keeping his picture in your cell phone. After you meet this guy, I'm quite sure you'll be busy." I smirked as she stared at me cluelessly. "Now come on." I smiled while getting out and locking my doors. We met up with Delilah and her hubby at the entrance as they were glaring at everybody who walked by.

"You two were so made for each other." I smirked as we approached them.

"W-What?!" Delilah stuttered while blushing as Sebastian smirked and wrapped his arm around her waist.

"Look who we have here. If it isn't the school's slut." A male's voice laughed as Alyssa stiffened up. Turning around, I noticed her ex and a few other people. He was staring at her like she was a piece of candy.

"U-Umm.." Alyssa mumbled while trying not to cry.

"Hey, boy." I interrupted as he turned his gaze to me and openly checked me out while he had a slut wrapped around his side.

"Yes, sexy?" He purred as I had to stop myself from puking.

"What's your name?" I asked while walking closer with a smirk playing on my face.

"Harold Genson. The most richest man in this poor excuse for a city." He bragged as I rolled my eyes.

"Hmm. Harold. Why'd you break up with my little Alyssa?" I asked while glaring at him as he tensed up.

"I don't know what you're talking about but I'd like for you to come to my mansion." He smiled as the slut hit his arm and huffed.

"Nah. I have a boyfriend, plus I hate you with a passion." I smirked as he stared at me for a second before smirking.

"I'll have you in my bed before the day ends." He laughed as I roughly rubbed my hand down my face.

"You're a lost cause." I mumbled while walking closer to him before bringing my fist back and punching him in the face. He and the slut stumbled back before he stood up straight and glared at me.

"My nose! You fucking slut!" He shouted as his nose started to bleed and turn red.

"Oops. Did I break something?" I asked while smirking.

"Yeah! You broke my fucking nose, you dirty little slut!" He shouted even louder as I checked out my nails, uninterested in what he was saying.

"Hmm. You deserved that. You better hope I don't see you when I come back." I threatened with a sweet smile on my face. He and the slut flinched before walking back towards the parking lot as I turned back to my group who all stood there looking shocked.

"My baby! You're growing too fast!!" Delilah shouted while hugging me tightly.

"Haha, I learnt from the best." I smiled as we walked into the mall and onto the escalator.

"Aww! That's why I love you!!" She squealed while squeezing me tighter as me and Sebastian quickly traded places, so I could talk to Alyssa.

"Are you okay?" I whispered while tapping her shoulder as she looked like she was in a daze.

"Y-Yes. Why'd you do all of this?" She asked while turning to me as I gave her one of my cheeky grins that I used to give Delilah.

"Because. You are considered part of my family now. You're not alone. Trust me, I know the feeling. I wasn't always this confident." I smiled as she stared at me for a second before her eyes glossed over.

"T-Thank you!" She sobbed as I hugged her and stroked her hair.

"Friends?" I asked as she nodded into my shirt.

"Friends." She mumbled as I smiled.

--------------

Hello, you awesome people! How's it going? Comment, if you please. I'll read.

Questions?

What is your view of Mirabelle now? Has she changed since the beginning of the book?

Alright, I'll end it here. Love you awesome readers, even you, my silent readers. :)

Melodee~