Chapter 5

Ty's POV

I watch her as she sleeps on my chest.

I brush her hair slowly and smile.

She just looks so beautiful when she sleeps.

I realized what I was doing.

'You can't date her.'

Quentin's words repeated on my head.

I slowly placed her head on the top of the pillows, trying not to wake her up.

I wrote a letter for her with a heavy feeling in my chest.

I lied to her that I would be leaving at 6 am.

It was already 3:50 am. We had to go already.

I placed it on the side table.

I kissed her forehead and whispered, "I love you."

I bit my lip and held back my tears.

"After everything I will come back. I will protect you. I love you Lily. Forever."

I cried as I left the room.

Adam, Quentin, and James were waiting for me outside the house. I went to the drivers' seat and turned on the car and started driving to the airport.

Adam comforted me.

"It's ok. I know how it feels."He says and gives me a little smile.

And I gave him one back.

Lily's POV

I woke up and looked around.

Ty wasn't there anymore.

I checked my watch it was 10 am already.

I remembered his words in my dream, 'I love you. After everything I will come back. I will protect you. I love you Lily. Forever.'

Protect me from what?

I looked around and saw a paper lying on the couch. I stood up, walked to the couch and picked up the paper. It was a letter. Ty's letter.

      Lily,

Sometimes people have to change. Somethings people have to forget about people. And sometimes, you just have to let go of the person you love. I'm sorry. It isn't safe if we are together. I have to protect you because of something. When all of this is over, I will come back and we can run away together. I will always love you. Forever. My flower.

                                                                                      -Tyed / Ty

Ty. Tyed. You said you wanted to explore new things. You said you wanted to find your true happiness. What does this mean then?

Ty. Why do you do this? Why do you confuse me? Why is everything so confusing?

I start crying. I cried for no reason. I couldn't find out what I was crying about but all I know was that I was so confused. Very confused.

I need Jason. I need him to comfort me. I need him.

I went to his room and found him posting his Minecraft vid.

I knocked and he turned his head and saw me.

"Lily?"

I went straight to hug him and cried even harder.

"Shhh.It's ok. It's ok."he said trying to comfort me.

And I kissed him.

Jason's POV

Lily kissed me and I was surprised.

Well that was unexpected.

I slowly stopped and pulled away.

"Tell me why-"

I was inturrupted by her.

"Jason, can I be your girlfriend?"

What?!

Dude, this is your chance.

I looked into her eyes.

There was sadness.

A lot of sadness.

I felt her pain.

"Lil, I--I don't want to rush anything or ruin what you have with Ty but it's best if we hang out from first,"I say.

She takes a deep breath.

"I don't want you to lie to yourself that you like or love me, I want you to really know if you actually like or love me."

She hugged me tightly and I hugged her back.

She kept on crying while I comforted her.

I promise to protect her from anything or anyone who dares to ruin or break her. I promise to never break her heart and I love her so much and I promise to love her forever even if she breaks my heart.