Chapter 14| Billy

"Whether you THINK YOU CAN or think you can't YOU'RE RIGHT." ~Henry Ford

We were going to lunch with the army leader the whole way people in the car were yelling joyfully. We slowly reached the headquarters. It was a small door in the side of a hill the beautiful green grass on the hill side was dancing in the wind. It was beautiful but, when you open the door men with jet black shirts fought with beer bottles. The glasses were brutally shattering every which way. They were crashing and banging around.

"This is Not a place for a kid, even one who kills people." I thought to myself

We were entering quickly.The head of our army team announced that the lunch was about to start. I got a good whiff of something savory and juicy. A chicken. We ate a great meal of grilled chicken stew and bread. The first bite was very savory and tasty. My water glass was damp and frosty. Colder than a Siberian winter. Our side of the table was neat and tidy. The other side of the table was messy and disorderly. People were fighting and hurting their friends. We moved on to the video. It was us attacking Juba. A small boy was in the film.H looked abnormal. He had a hole in his shirt where his shoulder was his skin. It was a gray shirt. Faint blood covered the front of the shirt. His shirt was bloodshot. Someone close to him seemed dead on the ground in front of the hut. I caught a soft conversation of the colonel and his first assistant talking. "That kid," he said,"I remember him, his name was ... it was Paco, he was on the tele one day. We need to take him out." he said

"Yes, sir. He is an easy target. We need to show the news report to the people."

"Ladies and gentlemen of this fair meeting we have a news report on our next target."

The news report was a catch up of the U.N report. The same boy was there just without one of his arms. His same shirt was only now missing a side of itself. Now people were almost laughing at the boy. I felt bad and started thinking about if we were on the good side or the evil side of this war.

"This kid is bite sized do you expect me to kill him?" The first assistant asked, "He will die on his own."

"Because he does not die," The colonel yelled "We killed his family and he got attacked by a crocodile he knows no pain until he is dead"

By this time I was extremely upset. I had been told lies. We were not doing the right thing I had to say something. I was not afraid.

"Colonel we aren't doing the right thing, why have you lied to all of us for so long about why we are fighting." I yelled as I stood up on the table "I was told that we are fighting for what is right but we are not we aren't..." that was when the boom I looked around to see who was shot when I felt my chest. It was as if the ocean was pouring out of my chest. Except for an ocean of red blood. I feel to the ground. The colonel shouted some foul language about me. Obviously agitated.The gunshot was painful but painless. I was on the table with no sense of direction. I saw the clouds reaching out to grab me. I was trying not to close my eyes but, death closed them for me.