Chapter 11

Sorry if this chapter is a little confusing, basically its been a week since Rosie had her little vision, and later that night she had more which has made her a little distant. Anyway I'll stop blabbering and let you read. Enjoy!

~Maddi

Newts P.O.V.

Something was going on with Rosie; something not good. What good thing would cause the blood to drain from her face and leave her bloody speechless? But she wont talk to me, wont tell me what happened a week ago when we ran into the forest.

Its driving me bloody insane; knowing that something bad is happening to Rosie and I cant help her. Shes just avoiding me now, after I assigned her yesterday to start trying out the jobs with me and kept asking her over and over whats happened. All she told me was that she remembered something, and not to worry about it. But how cant I when every time I look in her eyes, they just seem dull compared to their usual vibrant hazel colour, and she always seems so far away from here when I talk to her?

"Hey, shank. Whats goin on?" Minhos voice pulled me from my thoughts. I barely lifted my eyes from Rosie tediously pulling weeds from the ground to look at Minho. He was striding over in his usual cocky way with a cheesy grin on his face. I scooted over so that he could join me leaning against Rosies and ours tree, watching the Glade slowly grow darker and quieter as the sun set over the towering Maze walls.

"Nothing much. Just watching everyone finish up for the day." I spoke in a low voice, feeling another onslaught of hopelessness and sadness wash over me.

Another day has passed, and were no closer to figuring out this shuck Maze.

"Everyone, or just one particular person?" Minho asked. I could practically here the grin in his voice.

"Huh? What are you talkin about shank?" I asked, my voice growing a little louder as I turned to look at the Runner. He was leaning against the tree looking out at the Glade, just as I was moments earlier, with a small smirk planted on his lips.

"I've seen the way you look at her, ya know? Especially these past few days. You like her. "Minho murmured, turning his head slightly to look at me, the smirk washed away with a serious expression.

"What are you going on about Minho?"

"Don't act like you dont Newt. You like Rosie. She makes you happy and hopeful; something none of us have been able to do for you. I can tell she helps you; when shes around you. And I know that right now youre losing your mind not being around her." Minho spoke quietly and seriously.

"I dont like her like that Minho. Yeah, she makes me happy and feel better, but I dont like her like that." I mumbled back, my eyes returning to the Glade.

"If you keep telling yourself that, of course you wont! Look Newt, I can see what she does to you; whenever youre around her theres a smile on your face, and you don't have that distant, sad look in your eyes. You mightn't be able to, but I can see the way she makes you feel. Alby and I, we both want you to get better; get back to your old self, and when youre around Rosie you are! Please Newt, let us help you; let Rosie help you." Minhos voice decreased to a whisper. He was right; Rosie made me feel better, made me feel like I had a chance of escaping this place. But I dont like her; not like that.

"Maybe Rosie does help me get better, but I can't like her like that, Minho. Look around you, we are trapped in the middle of a giant, unsolvable maze. None of this is even close to being bloody normal, so do you think I could actually allow myself to do that, and put both Rosie and I through some complicated relationship? I can't do that Minho, I just can't." My voice dripped with helplessness as my eyes moistened with tears. The sky had turned an intense pink along what I could see of the horizon, and faded into a deep purple with stars beginning to appear and twinkle.

The One I Love || Newt-TMRजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें