Chapter 26

Newt's P.O.V.

"We don't have any secret guys business." I stated in a matter of fact tone as Minho dragged me towards the Map room.

"I know that shank. I just needed to talk to you alone, and needed to get you and Rosie separated." Minho added as we hid behind the small building, out of sight from anyone.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I questioned in an annoyed tone.

"I need you to be totally honest with me. Do you like Rosie? Now don't give me this klunk that it's just friends. Do you like her, as more than friends?" I was taken back by Minho's sudden seriousness, and the question. He had pretty much dropped all of that since Rosie humiliated him in front of the Glade. I opened my mouth to answer, however Minho completely cut me off.

"No! Think about it first." I did as he said, and thought about it.

Could I really like Rosie? How would I even know, I've never felt like this before.

"How am I supposed to know?"

"Just think about how you feel when you're around her, and what's going through your mind." Minho explained. I continued to obey his orders, for some reason.

I definitely feel better and happier. But I also feel different. I don't really know how to explain it, but I just don't feel like my normal self when I'm around the Greenie.

"Wait, why is this such a big deal to you?" I asked suspiciously as I folded my arms across my hest.

"It just it."

"No, there's a reason. Tell me." I pressed sternly.

"Argh, because I want you to realise how much Rosie means to you! I can see that you're scared to admit it, because that would be allowing someone to get close to you! All you do is shut everyone out, but Rosie; she's different to you." Minho's voice decreased to a low breath, and in that moment he looked utterly desperate.

"So what if I like Rosie?" I burst out without thinking. My eyes widened and I held onto my breath as I heard what I said.

"What did you say?" Minho asked, stunned.

"I-I like Rosie." I repeated, barely audible.

Did I just say that?

The corners of Minho's lips twitched up into a small smile as he embraced me in a tight bear hug.

"You did it! You finally said it!" He yelled out in joy. I couldn't help the smile that found its way onto my lips. I didn't even know why I was so happy, but it just felt good to say; to finally lift a weight of my chest that I never knew I carried until now.

"So when are ya askin' her out?" Minho pried once he broke our embrace.

"Um what?"

"When are you going to ask her out?" Minho repeated, much slower.

"I'm not. Now isn't the time to get all bloody lovey dovey with one another." I answered back stubbornly.

"If I could get you to admit your feelings for the Greenie, I can get you to do anything. Actually, I don't think I'll have to do anything. Now that you have admitted to liking Rosie, you won't be able to stop yourself from wanting to ask her out."

"I never said I didn't want to; just that it's not appropraite to."

"See? You already want to. And don't give me all this klunk about 'being appropriate'. You're just scared she'll turn you down; which she won't." Minho persuaded.

"Whatever shank. Come on, I want some dinner." I said as I began to make my way back to the kitchen.

"Aha! Now you're avoiding the subject!" Minho yelled as he jogged to catch up.

"Since when to did you become a bloody love expert?" I inquired sarcastically.

"Since I had to spend ever grueling hour of my free time watching you two being awkwardly in love." Minho answered plainy, however I could sill hear the joke in his tone.

"We're not in love Minho."

"Yet." And then he ran off to the kitchen; leaving me alone to think and limp to the kitchen.

"I really do like Rosie." I whispered to myself, still in shock; but no one would have heard me even if I had spoken louder. I finally reached the kitchen, where there was no line; just Frypan impatiently waiting to serve me.

"Sorry Fry." I muttered as my plate was filled with a piece of dry chicken and boiled vegetables.

"It's fine. What's going on with Jack?"

"It's not good. Alby has decided not to hold a Gathering for now; just to keep everyone calm." I explained as the last of my broccoli was stached onto the plate.

"That sounds smart. Have a good night!" And with that he turned around to have his own dinner. I did the same, and searched the eating areas for Minho and Rosie. It didn't take much time to spot her long, fiery hair amongst all the plain, short hair. I began to walk over to the two; Minho on one side of the table, and Rosie on the other. They seemed to be bored, just exchanging small talk. As I got closer, I could make out what they were saying.

"Thanks for earlier Minho." Rosie chirped after swallowing down a bite of her dinner.

"No problem Greenie." Minho replied as usual with a mouthful of food.

"What's this?" I questioned as I sat beside Minho and direcrly across from Rosie. A torch close behind me lit her hazel eyes up and made them look a glowling green, especially in comparison to her hair.

"Blake was being a slinthead to our Greenie here, so I took it upon myself to step in and be the big brother Rosie wishes she had."

"Oh, yeah I just lay awake every night hoping and dreaming that you would be my brother. Who would actually want to be related to you?" Rosie retorted with a high, melodious giggle. Her eyes flittered over to mine for a second, and I quickly averted them to my plate.

Shuck, now that I admitted to liking her, everything is awkward! Bloody Minho. I grumbled to myself. I stayed quiet for the rest of the night, just listening to Minho's and Rosie's conversation.

"Is everything alright Newt? You're usually not this quiet." Rosie remarked, concern laced through her voice. My eyes lifted from the plain wooden picnic table to meet her large hazel ones, and I almost got lost.

"Uh yeah I'm fine. Just have a lot on my mind with Jack and all." I slurred, playing with lips as I spoke. Rosie eyed me suspiciously, however dropped it soon after

"Oh, that's fair." She mumbled, returning her gaze to the her half empty plate. I felt Minho's elbo dig into my side, causing me to yelp out.

"What'd you do that for shuckface?" I asked, a little flustered that nearly everyone had turned to find the source of the noise. Minho was smirking at me, wiggling his eybrows as he answered.

"Sorry, just a reflex."