Chapter 65

Rosie's P.O.V.

As meaningless dreams played out in my subconscious, I heard it. A feminine voice calling out to me, strange at first, however the more I focused on it, the more I was convinced that I'd heard it before.

"Rose, you're going to trigger the Ending." and then it was gone, not just the voice, but something else. As if the voice had stolen some part of me when it left, a part I didn't know I had until it was gone. But in the fogginess of the dream, familiarity scratched at my mind, and I soon recognised the voice to be the same one I heard while in the room with the coma girl.

And then I stirred myself awake, thinking too hard to be unconscious. I left the sweet, sunny meadow filled with beautiful scents and sounds, the soft breeze gently brushing along my skin as I looked over to Newt, who looked so blissful and relaxed. It was all just a memory as the darkness of our room shrouded my sight now.

A quiet groan escaped my lips, which usually in the case of me just waking up wasn't unusual, however I never recalled making the effort to groan. Unease began to course through my body as I tried to convince myself that it was just another weird dream, however deep down I knew that wasn't the truth. Everything felt too real, especially when I felt my foot nudge towards Newts leg, lightly jabbing him.

Fear began to flood my system as I tried calling out Newt's name, and nothing happened. My lips didn't even twitch as I tried to scream his name. But not a peep was made.

"Is everything alright Love, did you have a nightmare?" Newt asked, feeling my body squirm more against my will.

"Newt!" I internally screamed, but he couldn't hear a thing as I got out from the bed covers and stared down at him. It was as if my mind was detached from my body while something else took over.

"Is everything alright, Rose?" Concern was written all over Newt's face as he propped himself up with his arm.

No, something is very wrong with me. I wanted to say, to scream, but not a whisper came out. My heart pounded hard against my ribcage, the fear and frustration getting to me. I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs until I couldn't no more, my throat raw; I wanted to tear and claw at something, anything, I just needed control over my body again.

It was like my conscious had stepped back, letting someone else take control over me, and it was like hell. But what scared me most of all was what was to come. Why was this happening to me, and what will they make me do next?

"I never loved you," the words left my mouth, void of life and emotion, but it was my voice. Like a searing hot knife plummeting deep into my heart, I watched Newt's face contort with hurt, despair and more confusion. I could see him hiding his fear as I was forced to watch. I couldn't even close my eyes.

And then something snapped inside of me. A strength I didn't know I had broke through my body, and I could feel myself fighting whatever was doing this to me.

"Newt," The words escaped my lips barely, hardly audible, but for a split second I gained control again. "Whatever you do, don't listen to me. I-I don't kn-now wh-hat's hap-" Tears rolled down my face, warm against the icy atmosphere as I felt myself growing weaker against this force.

"What? Rosie what's going on with you?" Tears began to well up in Newt's eyes as he got from the bed and stepped closer to me.

With the last of my strength, I pulled Newt into a tight hug and murmured in his ear, "I don't know, but please Newt, please just trust that this isn't me. Someone i-is co-ontro-" My sentence was cut off abruptly as I felt the force take over again. My arms fell limp to my sides as Newt pushed me back to look me in the eyes.

"What? Who's controlling you? Rosie, what is going on!?"

"I'm leaving you."

"No you're not, this isn't you Rose, fight it! I need you back!" Newt shook me, but I was mentally too weak to fight anymore, to be me.

"I don't love you, and I never did. Did you really think someone could love you, a broken little boy who needs all the reassurance? You really are pathetic," a sadistic laughter racked my body as my lips curled up into a smile.

"Is that why you never left my side for a week straight when I was in a coma?" Tears soaked Newt's flushed cheeks. He too was fighting something- he didn't want to believe what I was saying, but yet again he did, because that felt more like the truth for some reason.

"I'm sick of you. Everything is about you, and your problems. What about me, huh? I don't want to deal with your crap anymore. I'm leaving you Newt. I HATE YOU!" I screamed, my face just inches from Newt's now. I stormed from the room before Newt could speak up, leaving him to break apart.

"Rosie! I know you're in there, this isn't you," Newt's voice cracked as he chased me out of the room. I could tell he was trying to believe that this wasn't real, forcing himself to chase after me when all he wanted to do was crumble and fall apart.

"Oh Newt, this is me. Maybe if you'd taken the time to actually try and know me, this wouldn't be such a shock to you." I stopped, looking over my shoulder.

"You're lying!"

"I'm not, I only used you so that people would like me. You still think I'm lying? Well think about this; you said I had a tell, that I bit my lip when I lie. Did I bite my lip then, or at all? Exactly, I'm telling you the truth, Newt." and with that, I practically ran off, out of the homestead and into the Glade.

The searing hot knife plunged in my heart twisted, my chest actually aching as Newt's broken-hearted gaze played over and over in my mind. But what made it worse was hearing Newt still chase after me, calling out my name after all that. But I just kept going. I kept running until Newt's voice faded away into nothing, and that's when I really lost it. Yet all that could escape were a few stray tears.