Chapter 4

York shakes his head in debelief.. like he's seeing an illusion.

It always takes my brother a while to accept what is currently happening right in front of him. Either that or he doesn't remember me. If he doesn't remember me, then that's low-key sad..

I take a step closer to him. "It is me, James." I assured him. "You used to call me your-"

"Kid sister."

My eyes lit up and a smile grew across my face.

He does remember me.

York grabs my hand and pulls me into a tight hug that makes me feel like I'm getting my life squeezed out of me. He's definitely gotten so much stronger since joining the army 6 years ago...

And now I have him back.

"What is the blazing world is going on here?"

York and I stepped back and stood at attention as the Director walks up to us. He has a stern look on his face so this can't be good. He looks at the Counselor and asks, "Counselor?"

"It appears that Agents Alaska and York are siblings." The Counselor explains. "They have a strong bond with each other."

"Hm.."

The Director is thinking and I've never been more scared in my life. Mainly because I just found my brother and I don't what to lose him again.

"I think that we should let these siblings catch up." The Director says, making me sigh in relief. "Agent Carolina can go ahead and start her training if she is ready."

"I am always ready sir." Agent Carolina replied.

"Good. Agent Alaska and York: Dismissed."

"Yes sir." We replied and walked out of the training room.

~~~

"It's so quiet up here." York commented.

We are up on the Observation Deck. I knew this was a good place to talk because 1. No one ever comes up here and 2. You can see the stars from here.

"Exactly. That's why it's a good place to talk." I say pulling up two chair from a closet.

"Thanks sis." He smiles taking a seat in one of the chair.

I smile back and take my seat as well. "No problem big bro."

"How's Dad doing last time you saw him?" He asks.

I bit my lip. Last thing I remember is seeing him from the Pelican. His face was full of regret and worry because he let me go, just like the rest of his family.

"H-He's doing fine. He wasn't happy about me joining Project Freelancer after you.. and Mom.." Tears started to form in my eyes as I remember the day Mom left and then York..

"Crap..." I hear him whisper to himself. He comes over and hugs me while I cry on his shoulder.

"It's going to be ok. I shouldn't of asked." He comforts, rubbing my back. "I got your back."

I look up at him and I saw not a soldier, but a brother wanting to protect his little sister. "You promise you won't leave me again?"

He closes his eyes and sighs.

"James?" I ask nervously.

He looks at me with determination in his eyes. " I promise. I won't leave you like I did before." And with that he pulls me back into a hug.

I sigh and hug him back. It feels so good to see him again, yet I still have one question..

"So," I say pulling away from the hug. "Who's that Carolina chick?" I ask.

"She's.. a friend." He answers and somewhat smiles. But I know he's hiding something.

"Just a friend? RRRRight.." I rolled my eyes as I said the word "Right".

"I swear she's not my girlfriend. She's just a friend that I met at a bar after she stole my lighter." He says defensively.

I laughed. "You let a girl steal your lighter. And here I thought you gotten smarter in the past 6 years."

"I didn't let her steal my lighter though! She caught me by surprise!! Snatched it right out of my hands."

"That's even worse!" I laughed. My sides are hurting now but I don't care. My brother got his lighter stolen by a girl and that's laugh worthy.

My brother then ruffles my hair, thus messing the loose ponytail up.

"Hey! Not cool bro." I complained and re-did my ponytail, making it a little bit tighter.

He just laughs and I punched him in the arm.

"Ow, was that necessary?" He complained.

"Yes."

He chuckles and gets up from his chair to stretch.

"Have you gotten a tour of the Mother of Invention yet?" I ask.

"No actually." He replies. "Only got to see the main parts like the mess hall, the Hanger Bay, my bunk, and one of the labs."

"Oooooo where's your bunk?" I ask, also getting up.

"Bunk 316." He answers.

Wait that's.. "We have the same bunk."

York just looks at me. "Are you serious? Like actually serious?"

I was about to answer when FILSS came on the intercoms of the ship.

"Agent York, please report to the Main Training Room for your evaluation."

"Evaluation?" York says confused.

"Don't worry, it's just a Pre-Test to see how good you are." I comforted like he was a child. "Just like in school."

"So I can fail it and still be ok?"

"Um.. no you kinda have to pass it so that you don't get kicked out into space."

"Yea I don't think I'll survive in space.."

I just roll my eyes and nudged him. "Let's go Big Bro. I know you are stalling."

He sighs. "Fine. But your gonna have to take me there. I don't really know my way around the ship yet."

"Fine.."

***

"So.. tell me about Agent York." The Director asks.

We were in the Viewing Room above the Main Training Room, looking down at my brother being tested by the Counselor.

"He joined the UNSC when he was 17." I start. "But before that, my dad taught him lots of things because we lived out in the wilderness. He knows how to shoot a shotgun. It's actually his favorite gun. He knows basic fighting skills but he's a pro locksmith."

"A locksmith?" The Director says, slightly surprised.

"Yes sir. You would be surprised how much he knows about locks. His record for opening a high-tech lock is 4 minutes and 44 seconds. Maybe even faster now."

"Interesting.." He turns around to exit the Viewing Room. "Once he is done, head to the mess hall then give him a quick tour of the ship." He orders before walking away.

"Yes sir." I say.

York finishes other test and the Counselor stops him. I take that as a signal that he is done with his evaluation so I head down and did what the Director told me to do.

[Edited]