Chapter 13

I walked into the locker room after a training session with Wash on Knife Combat because CLEARLY I can't handle a knife properly.

"You did pretty good today." Wash tells me as he opens his locker.

"Pretty good? What do you mean by that?" I ask as I put my weapons in my locker.

"Better than the last few times." He says.

"True." I agreed. "Any news on your A.I.? I heard you got bumped down but I haven't heard why."

"Yep. I'm already-"

Suddenly South storms in, interrupting our conversation, clearly mad or enraged about something and starts throwing a temper tantrum like a little kid. York and North run in behind her as if they were trying to calm her down.

I just close my locker and take a seat on one of the benches. I take out my combat knife Wash gave me and started to clean it. Wash decides to stand beside me as South starts ranting about Carolina.

So apparently, the Director agreed to Carolina's request when she asked him to get TWO A.I. fragments instead of one, which led to bumping down Wash and South. And South isn't very happy about it.

To be completely honest, Carolina has been pushing herself way past her limits to become #1 again. I think it's because she just found out that Tex got an A.I. and she thinks that that's the reason why Tex is #1? I don't really know the reason but that's was Sigma told me but I really don't trust him. He's too.. crafty I guess is the word.

"South calm down." North ordered and bring me back to reality... unfortunately.

"CALM DOWN?! That's easy for you to say, you already have an A.I. Who the freak is she to take away ourplace?" South yells in rage.

"Our turn will come." Wash says. 'They've already put me back on the list for-"

She furiously walks over to Wash, who sits down right next to me when she looms over him and yells. "WHAT?!" Then she kicks over a bench near us.

"You ever notice every time you open your mouth you make things worse?" York points out to Wash.

"Sorry..." Wash mutters, hanging his head a bit. I give my brother a sharp look before whispering to Wash, "Sorry about my brother. He is pretty annoying."

"Well he's kind of right.."

"Hey, he told me the same thing when we were younger. Don't let it get to you." I reassured him.

He sighs but says thanks.

"And TWO A.I.? Why is she so special, what's so special about either of them!?" South continues out and punchs a locker. The nameplate falls off, breaking into two, saying 'Tex' and 'as.'

"Pick it, up."

The Trio (York, North, and Wash) and I turned in shock. Agent Texas. In the locker room. She-

"What're you doing in here, you never come in here." My brother took the words right out on my mind.

"I've come for Carolina." She replies before turning to South. "Pick it up." She demanded.

I look at South to see what her respond is. South can be unpredictable at times when she's mad and it's actually kind of scary. She could give in or she can blow up. It's 50-50.

I guess Wash sensed my fear, because he gently took my hand and squeezed it before letting go.

It was kind of nice knowing that we have each other's back. Even if we aren't really a couple.

South stares Tex down for a good 30 seconds before reaching down and grabs the 'Tex' half of the nameplate and shoves it to her. She silently walks out of the locker room (after punching the control panel to open the door which is thankfully "South-proof").

"I- I should probably uh... I better go." North stutters and quickly walks after his sister. York, Wash, and I get up and walk towards Tex.

"Where is she?" She asks, turning her attention to us.

"Look, Texas, I don't know if you're looking for a fight, or whatever it is you want, but now's really not the time." York explains while Texas opens her locker. "Carolina just went into surgery. We don't know when she'll be out so we're heading over to Recovery to wait for her."

"Yeah. Recovery One." Wash adds.

"Maybe you should come with us." York suggests. Then he nods to me and Wash, "Let's go. You coming Texas?" He asks her.

"Yeah. Go on York. I'm right behind ya."

2/3 of the Trio and I start walking to Recovery One. I stop and see Tex holding something in her hand and put it in her pocket. She then catches up to me.

"You good?" I ask.

"Yeah I'm good. Just picking something up from my locker." Came her reply.

Huh.. it's not unusual for Tex to keep secrets but this for some reason is suspicious.

"You wanna talk about it?" I ask.

"It's something. But I'm not sure what it really is." She tells me.

Well that was a great answer to my question.. "What do you mean by that? Is it like rop secret serious stuff?"

She nods. "I'll let you know what find."

Well looks like I'm not going to get the answers I was hoping for. Off to Recovery One to check on Carolina and her TWO new A.I. fragments.

[Edited]