Chapter 11

Resistance Base

"Looks like they have it all under control." I report to Tex as I look through my Sniper Rifle.

We were on top of a few crates in the Resistance Base scouting, more like watching, Carolina and her team make their grand entrance. We already saw CT and the Resistance's Leader, but when the other Agents came, they ran into a building. While they were fleeing, two Warthogs came out of the garage and headed towards the team. I aim my sniper at one of the drivers and move my finger slowly towards the trigger.

"Wait." Tex says, lowering my gun with one hand. "Agent Washington has it under control."

"Wash?" I questioned. What can he do that I shouldn't pull the trigger?

"See for yourself." She looks back down at the battlefield. I look through my Sniper Rifle again and find Wash running to the middle of the Warthogs and does an Iron Man pose. Blue light surrounded his hand that touched the ground and the Warthogs stalled and stopped.

"He has an EMP enhancement." I say in surprise. I tested out the enhancement before and it was.. semi successful. But I didn't except WASH to be the one to use it.

Wait... why am I so concerned about Wash using the enhancement I tested all of a sudden?

"You bet he does." Tex says, yanking me out of my troubled thoughts of my possibly having feelings for Wash and back to reality. "C'mon. Let's get ready to get into that building." She turns around and was about to jump off the crates when a ODST pod falls from the sky and lands right in the middle of the battlefield.

"What the-" Tex mutters as I stare at the pod in wonder. The door flew open and revealed Agent Maine.

"I kinda feel bad for those people down there now.." I say.

"Don't be." Tex replies. "Now let's go.. we have to get our equipment ready."

"Right behind you." I follow her off the crates.

~~~

"Remember the plan?"

I nod and get my Teleport enhancement ready. Plan: while the other Freelancers were distracting the twin maniac laughing.. emoji-loving.. uh guards, Tex and I will slip past them using my Teleport and her Invisibility.

Right now Carolina, Wyoming, York, Florida, and Wash are doing a fine job at distracting the guards.. even though they are all just hiding behind a crate and Florida is wounded out on the middle of the floor.

I quickly checked my enhancement and realized that I won't be able to make it behind the crazy guard in one jump.

"Tex.. I can't make that in one jump." I tell her.

She goes silent for a moment before asking, "Can you do it in small multiple jumps?"

I quickly peeked at the battleground and studied the rate of fire the machine guns were going. "It's possible." I say as I plan out a path to the end of the bridge. "It'll drain my suit's power a bit but I'll be able to manage."

"Good. Now ready on my mark.." Tex orders.

"Ready." I reply.

"Mark!"

I use my enhancement to teleport in front of the maniacs, who decided to turn their attention towards me. I teleport again, this time I'm right beside them and they.. make a weird noise that I don't even know how to explain before I teleport again 3/4 of the way to the end and finally, I teleport to the end but I can feel a bit of my armor's weight on me.

I look back to the bridge and I see a faint shimmer running between the guards. They stop shooting wondering what it was but shrugged it off and continued to fire at the others.

Tex reappears next to me. "That was kinda stressful.."

"Seriously? Running is stressful compare to what I had to do?"

"I take that back then. You good?" She asks.

I shrug off the tiredness from my body. "I'll managed. Looks like I'm going to need to upgrade my enhancement a bit when we get back."

Tex nods and we run towards the only secure door on this side of the bridge. Tex watches my back while I hack the door's lock. Hacking locks apparently run in the family. As soon as the door was hacked and nothing was triggered, Carolina joins us.

"Quiet. That room is guarded by turrents." Tex whispers to Carolina, taking her place on the right side of the door.

"I can get pass them." Carolina says confidently.

"If there was a way to do it, I would have already done it."

"York, I need you to cut the power of the main complex." Carolina orders over the team comm.

"Little busy out here." Came my brother's reply.

"Just do it" Carolina says in a kinda sweet voice.

"I'll see what I can do."

The three of us sit in silence. Then the comm came back online.

"We're all clear Carolina. It'll be dark in less than 60."

"Roger that." Carolina replies. She stands up and looks at Tex. "Don't forget the objective: we're just here to retrieve the armor."

"Carolina, I know what the freaken objective is." Tex replies hotly.

I stare at them in somewhat shock. I know that Carolina hates Texas but she really doesn't have to remind her what the objective is. Then again, she is our team leader so I just let it go.

The facility goes dark and all three of us turn on our night vision. Carolina nods, giving me the signal. I open the door and the two top Freelancers silently hurry into the room. I follow and closed the door behind us. 

"C'mon, we don't have much time." I heard CT say to someone, most-likely the Leader. I get out one SMG and ready myself for what's going to happen next.

"Actually, you don't have any time." Carolina says.

"Carolina." CT exclaims then she looks over at Tex. Her voice was soon filled with disgust. "...and you."

"Hey Carolina. Power is off." York says through the comm's.

"We noticed."

"What? No thank you? This was a complicated-"

"Actually I did most of the work Agent York." Delta interjects.

"Give it a rest D."

[Edited]