Chapter 10

Journal Entry 305

'I haven't done one of these in a while.' I thought to myself as I look at my little Journal on my lap.

I was in the Observation Deck looking at the stars in the galaxy. I'm in normal civilian clothes for once: sweatpants and a hoodie. The hood was up, I had my headphones on, listening to some music, and sitting on a very comfy sofa.

Unlike the other Freelancers who write logs in their digital journal, I prefer actually journaling... and since like no one ever comes up here, the Director allowed me to customize this room to the way I want to as long as it's nothing personal. So I have my comfy chair, a table, a TV with an Xbox One hooked up to it, a little cubby and a fridge filled with food and sweets..

I'm getting off topic.. I need to write this entry. I take a deep breath and start writing.

A few weeks have past. A lot has changed.

Everyone, except South and I, went on a big mission to get something called the "Sarcophagus" and it was a success despite the injuries. By injuries I mean Wyoming getting shot in his side and Maine... I feel really bad for him. He got shot in the throat I think 9 times? Well enough times to damage his vocal chords and now he can't talk, but growl his response. Only Wash can understand him right now which is kind of understandable since they are roommates..

Agent Carolina is now #2 while Agent Texas is now the new #1. I'm happy for Tex but now Carolina is pushing herself to be better than Tex. To be number 1. I know that she likes my brother and that he likes her, so she's like my sister. So as a "sister", I worry about her. She is still our leader and it doesn't matter if your #2.. Heck if your not even on the leaderboard (me). If you have the qualities of a leader *cough* Carolina *cough*, you are the leader.

My brother then got Delta, a fragment of an A.I. I tried to ask the Counselor if it was the Alpha or another A.I. but he wouldn't tell me and told me to focus on my training. Shortly after, North got Theta and Carolina was supposed to get Sigma, but she gave him to Maine.. for speaking purposes. 

Then CT betrayed us after the space battle. Again, I wasn't there which absolutely sucks because while they are out doing missions, I'm stuck doing more training, testing out equipment, and even testing some of the new A.I. fragments. Which leads me to wonder: where are they getting this stuff? How are they getting the A.I. fragments?

I'm starting to grow suspicions about the Project. Things are getting weirder by the second. This is Agent Alaska signing off for now.

I'll copy this to my digital one later just as a backup. I put it away in the cubby and decided to just relax and just stargaze for a bit. Stargazing is one of my favorite things to do ever since I was a little kid in the wilderness of Alaska.

And let me tell you, it never gets old.

~~~

After three hours of chilling in the Observation deck, I get a call from Tex saying that the Director wants us to go on a special mission and to meet her in the hanger bay at a certain landing bay. I quickly change into my armor, strap my SMGs to my side holters, put my sniper on my back holster, get all the ammo I need, and make sure my Teleport enhancement is all good to go.

Prepping for missions is such a long process..

I walk/speedwalk down to the hanger bay and to the landing bay she told me to go to. As I draw closer to the spot, I see her loading ammo into her Magnum near a Pelican. Once I got there, I asked, "So what's the mission?"

"We are going after CT." Came her serious reply.

I looked at her confused. "Why are we going after her? She's a traitor."

Tex finishes filling her clip with ammo and slides it into her gun. "She has something that belongs to Project Freelancer." When she still sees my confused look, she adds, "Her armor."

"Ohh." I am so stupid sometimes. "So what's the plan?"

"The plan." Tex repeats as we board the Pelican and get ready for take-off. "The plan is simple: Carolina is going to take her team to attack in the middle of the Resistance base-"

"Wait. Hold up. In the MIDDLE?!" I look at her in shock. "479er must be a super talented pilot to try to do a crazy nose dive or whatever and stick the landing and not kill everybody." I add sarcastically and take my seat. 

Tex chuckles. She goes and sits across from me. "Don't underestimate her 'laska. She's one heck of a pilot. Your brother and crush will be fine."

I start to blush a little. Thank God I have a helmet on. "Crush?" I say, acting like I don't know what's going on.

"You know who." 

I act innocent and say, "No really. Who?" 

Tex probably rolled her eyes before she replied. "Agent Washington. Don't you like him or something?" 

"Not really. As a friend: sure. But more than that: uh I'm planning to wait until the war is over." I explain to her.

"I have a feeling that that won't happen."

"Are you teaming up with my brother to make me and Wash a couple?"

"You Agents ready for take off?" Asked the pilot in the cockpit.

"I was born ready." I tell the pilot which makes Tex laugh but then makes me remember that I said the same thing to Church before I lost him.

"FILSS, this is 816er ready for take-off." The pilot says.

"I read you 816er. You are clear for take-off."

[Edited]