Chapter 14

Secured Facility
Present Day

"What do you think it means?" Beta says. "It means that there are other people here obviously.

"Who?" I ask confused. Who would be here? This place is abandoned. Therefore, it's a perfect hideout for a person running from authorities aka the Director.

"Hold on.." Beta taps into the facility's system. "A hundred experiment proto-types of Agent Texas. No surprise there." She reports. "A group of 8 Simulation Troopers from Blood Gulch and-" She stops.

"Beta?"

She looks at me. "You won't believe me if I told you."

"Hit me."

"Agent Carolina, the A.I. fragment Epsilon, and Agent Washington."

I stop froze in time. Epsilon was the name given to Alpha's memory fragment. If he's here, it's possible that he could interfere and shut down Agent Tex for good.

Even Beta if she's in range.

Unless..

"Beta, I need you to shut down. Now."

***

Mother of Invention
Many years ago

Journal entry 306

Things have been.. difficult during the past few days. Actually weeks. Carolina woke up after receiving her A.I. and demanded a match against Texas. That didn't turn out too well. Right after the match just started, the Director walked into the training room observation area and saw that Tex and Carolina were fighting. He yelled "Allison" and then ran to the glass separating the observing room from the training room. Soon everyone, except Tex down on the floor, Wash, and I, were on the ground screaming and tearing off their helmets.

I was scared. I'll admit it. But curious.. why Allison? What's so special about that name?  Anyway it soon died down but Carolina was still suffering because she had two fragments in her head. So Tex had to punch her in the face, unfortunately, to knock her out and get the A.I. to stop. She was out for days. My brother wouldn't leave her side, not even to eat. 

Wash is up for surgery next in five days. I would of thought they would of stop implanting by now but they are continuing on. To be honest, I don't want Wash

"You don't want me to do what?"

I quickly close my journal and turn around to see a grinning Agent Washington. "Washhhhh!! You know that there is something called knocking before you come in." I complained. The heck is he doing here?

"Now where's the fun in knocking?" He smirks and sits beside me on the couch. He's was wearing normal clothes with a jacket for once. And it's kind of weird but he looks 10 times hotter.

"It's not fun for the person being scared half to death." I mutter tossing my journal aside, also trying to avoid the fact that he's low-key flirting with me.

"Aw, did I scare you that bad? Here, I know how to help." He takes off his jacket and has me put it on because I was DEFINITELY cold and then pulls me to his side and wrapped his arms around me.

"Better Tiger?" He asks.

Must resist..

But it feels so nice..

No. I must resist..

But like he's my kind of guy..

No. I must-

You know what screw it.

"I guess." I giggled and lay my head on his chest. 

"Now, about that last sentence in your journal..."