Chapter 15

I pick my head up tiredly. I must of fell asleep for the third (?) time during the last five days? I honestly don't know how long it's been. I haven't moved from Wash's side nor plan to til he wakes up.

My stomach growls and I realized that I haven't eaten anything since the time I entered this room. Which is not good on my part because now I feel sick and weak.

I feel myself starting to drift off to sleep.. until I felt him move.

I jolt awake suddenly with a burst of energy and happiness to stand up.

"Owww...." Wash tries to sit up fast.

"Easy David." I put a hand on his shoulder and slowly guide him up to sitting position.

He weakly smiles at me using his real name. "How'd you find out?"

I gestured to his dogtags. "Those were pretty helpful."

"How long was I out?" He asked.

"Five-" I yawn. "-days."

Wash quickly studies me. "Are you ok?" He asks, concerned.

As my response, I start to drift off to sleep again but caught myself and shook my head. "I'm fine and honestly I don't know how long you've been out. There's no clock in here. I think it was a few days?"

"Wait.. have you been here the WHOLE time I was out?"

I slowly nod my head.

"You need some food and sleep Tiger." He says.

"But-"

"No buts," He interrupts.

"Wash-"

"What?"

"I miss you."

He smiles and holds my hand. "I miss you too Tiger. As much as I would like to spend some quality time with you, you need to get some rest and I have to tell York and North that I'm up."

I sigh. "I know."

He reaches for his comm and calls my brother and North. Not even 3 minutes past before they come barging in.

"Well look who's finally up from their cat nap." North teases.

"Very funny North." Wash rolls his eyes.

"How you holding up sis?" York asks.

I opened my mouth to answer but a wave of nausea hit me like a train making me stumble back and onto the bed behind me. York is instantly by my side and North is telling Wash to stay where he is due to his surgery. My vision starts to go blurry as someone called the doctor and someone else is telling me to stay awake but I can't. I felt my eyes roll into my head and all I could see is darkness.

~~~

I slowly open my tired eyes. I kinda look around and noticed that I was still in the Recovery Room, but laying on one of the bed. I try to sit up but my stomach hurt so much. I fell back and let out a small groan.

"You're awake."

Sitting in the chair beside my bed was Tex. I tried to sit up again and was successful.

"For only being out for a few hours, you look like you need some food." Tex commented.

My stomach growls in response making her chuckle.

"I'll take that as a yes." She helps me up from the bed and lets me lean on her for support. As we walk to the door, I look over and see Wash laying unconscious again on his bed.