Chapter 16

Secured Facility 
Present Day

"Why?" Beta asks in alarm.

"There is a possibility that Epsilon will use his memories of Tex to finally put her to rest. And that includes you" I explain to her. "If you shut down, you won't be affected because you can't give a command to something that isn't even on." 

Beta was silence for a moment. Then very quietly she said, "Ok." 

"I promise I will turn you back on once this is all over and it's safe." 

She gives me a nod and shuts herself down.

I quickly checked over all of my equipment. Everything looked to be in working order.

I take a deep breath and looked at the open door in the building.

Well.. time to meet some old friends.

***

Mother of Invention
Many years ago

"Tex said that she needs to see us at the Observation Deck." He says.

I shrug. "Alright then."

I let him lead the way to the Observation Deck where Tex was chilling on my sofa.

"Good you came." Tex gestures us over to her. I sit down on the sofa with her while York pulls up a chair nearby.

"So.. what do you need?" York asked.

"Alaska already knows but I'm leaving." She says.

"Leaving? As in leaving the Project?"

"Yes. Did you read the files I sent you?" Tex continues.

"It was.. enlightening."

"Which is why I called you two up here. I wanted to ask if any of you would be willing to help me with freeing the Alpha."

There was silence in the room for a moment as our minds processed was Tex was asking. Leaving the Project, only to comeback to save the A.I. I once had.

"How would the plan go?"

"If you're both on board, Alaska and I will leave the Project. It would be a big deal to them since we are their toughest Agents and their main "experiments." After a few small attacks, we hit them hard with the main objective to free Alpha. York, you would stay here until main attack to not raise suspicion."

"I'm in." I say. "I'd like to deal some damage to the people who betrayed my trust."

"If she's in, I'm in too." York adds.

"Then it's settled." Tex says getting up before addressing me. "We leave tonight."

~~~

Alarms were blaring off.. thanks to my bright brother: York.

"Great job York." Tex commented.

"I swear this never happens to me." He tries to defend himself.

"I'm sure you say that to all the ladies." Tex smirks while I'm trying not to laugh.

"Seriously, I'm way better at this than it seems."

I open my private comm to Tex. "Yea... keep telling yourself that York."

"To be honest." Tex quietly laughs.

It's been a couple of days, maybe weeks, since Tex and I left the Project. The Director has labeled us as threats and just like CT, their hunting us down.