Engagement Party

A month later....

It was now nearing the wedding date. 25th December Christmas Day. Natasha had planned and engagement party for Steve and Keisha. She went through hours of planning for the event. She invited only a small selection of guests, as both Keisha and Steve didn't want it to have too many people. Keisha had to work hard to convince her Dad to release Wanda without any consequences but he agreed eventually. The party was held at an event hall in the Hilton hotel. When it was 7 pm the guest slowly started to arrive.

"You look stunning" shrieked Wanda as she walked up to Keisha wearing a bodycon red ribbed dress.

"So do you. I love that dress" she embraced her in a hug as she entered the hall.

"Nat, everything looks so beautiful. Thank you so much." beamed Keisha. Steve followed shortly behind Keisha.

"Yeah Nat, it looks amazing to thank you" Steve gave Nat and Wanda and air kiss as he entered.

The party was amazing the DJ was playing all of the couple's favourite music. Evening sang and danced, throughout the night people came, up to the couple to congratulate them. They shared their best wishes and memories they had with them. Keisha spoke to a lady Natasha didn't recognise this woman. After the lady walked away. Keisha looked worried and upset. She walked to her pushing through the crowd of people on the dance floor.

"What's wrong hun? who was that"

"My dad's friend. She told me how stupid I was for letting my heart get broken. Honestly, Nat, I'm tired of hearing his name. I don't want to think about any of this"

"Fuck her. She can go stuff it!"

"I just need to have a smoke"

"You smoke?"

"Only when I'm stressed. Cover for me?"

"Sure. Please don't let idiots like that get you. She's just upset because she's probably not getting any"

"Nat!" scoffed Keisha the pair laughing.

Keisha snuck outside to have a cigarette. She hadn't smoked in a while, she only did when she was nervous. A bad habit that she really didn't want Steve to know about. She sat in a garden arbour, around the corner from the entrance on the  front lawn. She lit up and cigarette and began to smoke it. When a woman walked to get grabbing the cigarette from her hand throwing it on the floor.

"WTF was that?"

"You shouldn't smoke it's bad for you" the woman wore large round sunglasses, long black trench coat and scarf on her head tied under her chin.

"Who are you to tell me what to do with my life?"

"I'm going to tell you a story and your going to listen to it very carefully. There once was a woman she was a fun loving full-hearted soul. She loved to help others and she got in trouble for doing it. She fell in love with two men but she choose only one. She loved this man with all her heart but she was alway scared of hurting him. She had powers that she struggled to control and fear held her back from controlling them. She accepted his proposal for marriage and they were engaged. The woman fell pregnant scared of becoming a wife and a mother, she ran away. She had her son and left him in the care of his father. They were later killed by evil beasts called the Kree. Her heart broke that she wasn't brave enough to stand and fight for them" 

The women pulled down her glasses down resting them on her nose. Keisha jaw dropped at the familiarity the woman's eyes. They were white with small specks of black.

 They were white with small specks of black

"What the actual...."

"Shhh don't speak. Go back in there and be brave. You're and extraordinary beauty and you choose to deny your true self. Get off you ass and go to your fiance. He loves you for who you are. All of you"

"Keish. Keish. Where are you?" called Natasha.

"I'm coming" Keisha turned to look in Natasha's direction when she looked back the woman disappeared. Keisha got up and walked to go back into the hall, she was dumbfounded.

"I'm pregnant" she mumbled to Natasha and she got into the hall.

"Shut up. OMG. Have you told Steve?"

"The lady just told me"

"What lady Keish?"

"The lady sitting next to me" Natasha looked at her puzzled shaking her head.

"Who hun? I didn't see anyone" Keisha's eyes began rolling and darting from side to side she couldn't get her barrings and her body began swaying.

Steve saw Keisha looking unwell from across the hall. He knew she didn't get drunk, seen as she had a metabolism like him, so he was very concerned. He walked over to her and Natasha the guests formed a circle around them staring at Keisha. In the middle.

"Keish. what happened?" Steve asked panicked

"This is all happening too fast..." her eyes fell to the back of her head and she fell into Natasha's arms. She laid her down gently on the floor trying to wake her.

"Natasha explain. What just happened"

"She should tell you when she wakes up. It's not my place to say"

"Just say it!" spat Steve

"She's pregnant!"

......

In the  Stark Tower, Tony was sat in his film room chugging his 11th beer. He had the table littered with beer bottles and popcorn. He hadn't showered in weeks, he was so heartbroken. For the first time in his life, he was in love, real love. He never felt about anyone like he felt about Keisha. He knew he went the wrong way about it but he couldn't accept the prospect of her not feeling the same way. Tony's phone ran vibrating on the coffee table he placed the bowl of popcorn the table and picked up his phone.

"Hello, Mr Stark" a calm German accent came from the phone.

"Who is this? I'm not in the mood"

"She's a heartbreaker, isn't she. To lead you on like that only to leave you for another. You must hate her"

"She ruined me"

"She did Mr Stark but you can feel better once again!"

"How?"

"I need you to so something for me Mr Stark, this will be in both our benefit. I need you to tell me when Ms Fury is alone or shall I say Mrs Rogers" Tony scoffed at the mention of Mrs Rogers it still made him furious.

"What's in it for me?"

"You can have Keisha. A life together. Get married. Have children. A life full of love Mr Stark. What do you say?"

"Where do I sign?"