Recovery

The ride back was uncomfortable, to say the least. Sam tried to speak to Steve but to Steve, it was like white noise filling his ears. He felt numb dry tears evident as he looked down at his pregnant wife. He knew there would be a chance that the Kree would come for her but not that they would do this to her. Keisha and Steve had both fallen asleep during their long journey. A couple hours went by and the quinjet landed.

Clint gently picked Keisha and carried her out of the quinjet. Sam nudged Steve awake from his slumber his eye few open startled and grabbed Sams arm.

"Dude it's only me! Calm down!"Steve let go of Sams' hand and look down at the ground.

"I'm so.... Where's Keish...." he said frantically.

"She's okay she's inside come on let's go"

Steve unbuckled his belt and stood up to follow Sam out of the quinjet. They were on a farm in what seems like the middle of nowhere. There was a house a few feet away from them the walked to it and opened the door. They were greeted by Natasha, Thor, Bruce and Clint.

"We're glad you go out safely," said Natasha running up to Steve engulfing him in a hug.

"Steve I ...." said Bruce shakily his dismay evident.

"Bruce I forgive you and I'm sure Keisha will to"

"How could you I almost killed her"

"You.... the other guy wasn't thinking about that he was thinking about the weapon that could cause mass detruction. So for that I forgive you"

"Thank you" replied Bruce he still felt guilty for how it all turned out.

"She's awake now" a woman emerged from the adjacent room. Steve recognised her from working with Tony, Bruce and Keisha on occasion.

" Dr Cho it's great to see you!"

"And you Captain. Keisha is awake now she's asking for you"

Dr Cho led Steve to a room that had a hospital bed Keish laid there with her leg in a plaster cast elevated in a leg sling. She turned to see Steve and her eyes lit up with joy. Steve walked to her side and she sat up to wrap her arms around him.

"Oh Steve!" she said sadly.

"We're not going back okay. I'm going to take care of you and the baby far away from here"

"But as long as Ronan is out there, we will never be safe"

"I will end him" That I promise you"

"No, he could kill you!"

"I won't' let him near our family Keish"

"Steve please don't go Let my dad deal with it"

"I know you're scared and I am too. They are going to need an extra pair of hand now Bucky is comprised."

"Becuase of me"

"Because of them! I won't set off until tomorrow, for now, were going to rest"

A knock came from the front door Keisha and Steve turned towards the sound. There was since then footsteps heading from the living room. Fury had arrived with Wanda in a special straight jacket followed by Tony, Maria and the rest of the team as they all huddled into the room. Wanda hung her head low and didn;t look up at the couple.

"Dad, what's going on?"

"Explain!" barked Fury at Wanda she shook her head.Fury grew angrier and pushed her towards the couple. "I said EXPLAIN!"

"Keisha....Steve...Please forgive me" Wanda said shakily.

"Wanda what is all this talk to me?" asked Keisha.

"I-I-I umm... They said they had Pietro and he was... umm alive"

"You sold me out?"

"Keisha please...."

"Do you have any proof he's even alive?" she grew more distressed.

"I heard his voice"

"Oh, you hear his voice so of course hydra doesn't have the technology to trick you. You were one of my best friends and you sold me out based on a Hydra lie"

"He's alive I can feel it"

"Get her out of here. I don't want Keisha to get any more stressed out than she already is!" ordered Steve with destain Maria took Wanda's arm and led her out of the room.

Steve wrapped his arms around Keisha and tried to talk to her but she wouldn't respond to him. She just stared into an empty space. She felt numb. Before today she had never faced this kind of betrayal. Someone she had talked to about everything from happy ambitions to her struggles. She had become like a sister to her. Now her world was crumbling apart and she had no idea what the future may bring.