Chapter 14-Interview

I head down to the interviews in my beautiful dress.Usually, I'd hate a dress, find it uncomfortable, unnessary and plain stupid, but I don't and I don't know why. Maybe, I like how it looks, maybe I like the way it doesn't shimmer. Maybe I'm just losing myself to the Games. I can't really tell.  As I enter the stage, I tuck the key shaped necklace into my dress. I sit on stage with the  59 other tributes. By the time they get to me, they'll be bored. They'll think, Get this over with, and I would too, to be quite honest. I watch what seems like hours tick by of interviews. We're only on District Seven, tribute 3. Claudious Shaba. All of the sudden he screams at how much he hates the Capitol.

"YOU KILLED HIM!!! YOU NASTY RATS OF A CAPITOL KILLED HIM! KILLED HIM!!!" He screams

"Killed who, Claudious?" Cheddar calmly asks, trying to calm Claudious down.

"My twin, Darius!!!" Claudious says, " HE WAS INNOCENT YOU KILLED HIM AND YOU KILL MORE EVERY DAY!!! YOU'VE KILLED HIM AND NOW YOU"RE GOING TO KILL ME!!! YOU  MONSTERS!! YOU MONSTERS! I HATE YOU ALL! I HATE YOU ALL, I HATE YOU!!!!

Peacekeepers drag Claudious off the stage. The interviewer, Cheddar Chan quickly brings out the next tribute to cover up Claudious'  understandable meltdown. He's going to be dead first thing. Even before Jana, the perfect annoying little brat. After seemingly hours later it's my district. Jana prances up there first.

"Hi Cheddar!" Jana squeaks. Jana's interview goes like an District One interview. Calm and perfect. Ugh. It annoys me. That little bitch. Next up is Yule. His interview is like an District Eleven boy interview. Mostly quiet.

"Amaranth Olivier, everybody!" Cheddar yells.

"Hiya Cheddar!" I say.

"Hi Amaranth! Quite a stunning dress you have there. Jensen design it?"

"Yeah, I think so!"

"So what's the best thing about the Capitol?" Cheddar asks.

"Hmmm.... that's a hard one, but I'd have to say the waffles... Either that or the shower!" I reply. The crowd laughs.

"Well, you look very pretty tonight,Amaranth. are you going to dissolve again for us?"

"Afraid not." I say, jokingly.

"So in the parade, did you know that your dress was going to dissolve?" Cheddar asks.

" No. I was so scared. I'm just like what is hapening? Is this normal?" I say, the crowd laughs.

"When you volunteered for your 10 year old little sister, Belladonna, what were you thinking?" Cheddar asks, poking me to see if he touches a sensitive spot, which he does, but I don't show it. I show that I care about her, not cry about it, because it's over with and Bells is not the one on this stage. No use crying about spilled milk, as people from Ten say. 

"That I must save Bells from a certain death. I'd rather die, then her die. she made me promise to come back. And if I'm correct, Bells just turned 11" the crowd awwws. Good. It's a true thing, but the more the crowd sypathizes with me, the more likely they'll want me alive.

"Oh. I'm sure you will. Afterall, you did get a 12 in training, how did you manage that?" cheddar says, changing the tone of the interview in a snap.

"I don't think I can tell, ya Cheddar." I say. The crowd laughs when I make a huge joking wink at the Gamemakers.

"Come on!" Cheddar groans, getting a laugh from the audience, mocking sadness. 

"She really can't!" A gamemaker calls out from the balcony.

"Aww, anyways, Tribute gossip who's into who, who's your boyfriend, who's to watch for this Games, and who's to pass up?" Cheddar leans in, cupping his ear, like I'm telling him a serect. This gains a hearty laugh from the crowd. 

"Slow down, cowboy," I say with a fake accent, gaining a large laugh from the crowd. I can see Bells, Cricket, Cedar and Father laughing at my interview. It is really weird, or at least strange for an interview.

"Well tribute gossip, girl to us secret keepers here in the Capitol.First of all, Who are you watching for this season of Games?" He says.

"I'm not much one for gossip, but, well, I'm watching for everyone, espcially those from 1, 2 and 4.They're huge? What they've been eating? That delicious bison stew you guys got here?" I joke. I can practically here some careers growling at me, telling me to back off. 

"Well, we're also kinda hoping, who's into who?" Cheddar squeals dragging out his words.

"Well, I'm not sure, maybe there's romance this year, maybe not, you can never know, can ya?" I say in a district Four accent, getting a small laugh from  the Capitol, hoping to keep their attention.

"Well, who do you think to pass up?" He gossips.

"I don't want to hurt any feelings here, so I'm not going to say. You have to find out yourself." I tease. Cheddar and the crowd mock sadness.

"Well, you're a looker, who's your boyfriend?" Cheddar asks.

"Thanks but I don't have one." I can feel heat rising to my cheeks.

"Oh come on, really." He says, nudging my arm.

"No one, and I'm serious about that." I say, passing it off. 

"Ok. Ya know, you've made quite a name for yourself, here, Amaranth"Cheddar sadly says. I don't understand the sadness. 

" Really? What is it?"I ask.

"Electric girl." Cheddar says.

"Why?" I ask, confused. My dress starts sizzling alive. Electric shocks scurry all over it. My dress shows a lightning bolt in the middle, made up of the electricity. I see, Vanessa or Jensen, and Cheddar planned this.

"You first volunteered for your sister, even if it meant death, your dress dissolved and kept calm. You are very a electric girl. Katniss Everdeen was the fire girl, you are the electric girl, and the Capitol is the energy. Electricity can't be without energy. Remember that in the Arena, Amaranth"