Chapter 29: One reaping

I reconize Harley and Yule, Males from my district. I say a quick hi to them an the way to breakfast.

"Ok Everyone, we are going to go around and introduce ourselves, our district and something about us!" Dixie squeals.

"What are we? Five?" Laughs a girl with the District One look. I like her attitude but somehow if I ally with her I'll probably get a knife in the back.

"Well you go first." Dixie angerily scowls. I've never seen Dixie angry, but then again this girl is a clear rebel.

"Glitter Waterwows. District One, I won One hunger games." She smirks.

"Brutus Bites. District Two. Like I said, I will bite you and win this victory for myself." A boy with longish black hair cackles. By the looks of him, he's 18

"Hi! I'm Glitz Fish! D-4!!! I'm tons of fun!" A perky, olive skinned with purple sparkly hair girl shouts. I don't like her. Way to perky. Age: probably about 13.

"Bluegill, Nick Bluegill. But you" The light skinned, brown haired boy points to me, "can call me tonight."

"No thank you." I wave it off and he laughs.

"You can't resist me." He chuckles.

"In your dreams, Bluegill." I say.

"District 4, And I'm only available for a short time." He smirks. He seems kind of the jokester kind of guy. I think he's cool but conceited. His icy blue eyes out into mine and he winks. He looks about 16.

"I'm Pills Sharkson, District 4, and I have a dog named Ranny." A black haired girl says. she's about 11 and is extremely light skinned, not the classic District 4 look. A girl from 7 snickers

"Anya Meadows. District 5. I wouldn't be here without my ally and friend, Amaranth." Anya says. The 7 girl smirks.

"The name's Paige Ajnags and the Hunger Games is my game.D-7," A dark brown haired girl smirks. Wannabe career. About age 18.

"Adriana Paw, District 8, I don't care for fashion." Adriana smiles.

"Bob Snobs, 11, I'm ready for anything." A dark skinned, dark haired boy quietly says. He seems respectful but angry for being in the Hunger Games. About age 17.

"Rosy Woks! District 11, and I'm ten years old." A dark skinned, short black haired girl says. Paige almost breaks out in a full laugh. I'm really hating her.

"I'm Rue Jaaow, District 12, I like the cakes here." A black haired girl with olive skin says. About age 15.

"Catniss Green, District 12, I'm technically with a dead guy." Catniss laughs.

"Hinny Shah. Thirteen. Female." A short girl with glasses says. About age 12. She looks as if she's going to kill Dixie.

"Yule Doody, 15, age 15." Yule announces, flipping his brown hair back.

"Harley Java. 15. 16" Harley says. I'm not sure why he said 16, because he is 14, but you never know.

"Hawk Skywaters, District 15, I happen to love kissing Electricity." Paige breaks out into full laughter.

"Amaranth Olivier, 15, My dress caused an electrical fire." I laugh. We eat our breakfast, in full conversation. I sit next to Glitter who is actually really interesting. Bluegill is trying to talk over Glitter and are currently fighting, while I laugh at some of the crazy comebacks they spew. We end up cracking up. Soon enough another train stops behind us for the new tributes. We leave the train and head for the reapings.

I can't explain the sheer luxury of One. There is gold everywhere. Seems that even the poor are rich here. A huge building is here, with a gold and marble some on top. Luxury is scattered everywhere. It's like a dream. Glitter notices me drop my open at the sight and she whispers,

"It's all good once in a while. Too much of this can drive you crazy."

We stand on the stage, awaiting everyone. I feel bad for them, especially the young ones and the 18 year olds, going through yet ANOTHER reaping. This is the District where they chose a so called Criminal to go in. Technically I'm a criminal. But I wouldn't say that in fear, I'd have to suffer this again. Oh wait, I do.

A bouncy Capitol person bounces on stage.

"You've already heard the speeches, so we'll get right to the point. Here are our Victors behind me and Since you little bratty rebels like to break laws, we decided that this district in honor of not reveling the Capitol, will reap Criminals. Girl tribute is..." She reaches deep in the huge bowl.

"Anna Runaway. and the boy tribute is..." She reaches her perfectly manicured nails in the bowl. A girl comes crying up to the stage. Her hair was brown and mangled.

"Gage Yak." A black haired boy slowly walks up to the stage. We rush off the stage to our train.

"So sad. What'd they do? Take a slice of bread? " Glitter says.

"Yeah."I agree.

We hustled into our train and rushed to District Two. With barely any time to relax, we are on the reaping stage once again.