-Teaching lessons to the un-wanted [Chapter 15]

Ashley’s POV:

I woke up to the sound of my alarm and groaned as I opened my eyes the sun spilling through the gaps in the curtains, back to college it is. I shifted in my bed and it would feel so freaking good to just snuggle back down in the warm duvet but I knew that I couldn’t afford or tolerate an early morning lecture about being late from Mrs Burne. I pulled back my covers, yawning as I swung my legs over the side of the bed and ran a hand through my hair padding across the carpet and into the bathroom to shower yawning again and again on my way.

The warm water made my skin tingle as I slowly woke up any remaining eye-make-up from last night trickled down my skin since I hadn’t washed it off properly due to a late night of last minute studying thanks to a certain Irish boy.

I pulled on a smart and tight fitting pencil skirt with frills on it and a plain white vest top which I tucked in then paired that with a cropped black blazer and a necklace, I chose a pair of black heels to go with it.

I done my make-up with a light and natural theme, collage was meant to be the place where I would escape from the strict uniform rules that made you scrub off your eye-liner and mascara leaving black circles underneath your eyes but this wasn’t Mrs Burne’s idea, she was always the first to tell me that my top was too low, my skirt was too short or my make-up was over the top.

It was now half past 6 meaning I had about 20 minutes until I had to leave, nobody was up yet as I expected. I trudged down the stairs and dropped my heels by the door as I proceeded to the kitchen and heated myself up some porridge while gathering my college notes as I sat on the stall by the island crossing my legs as I flipped through my papers scribbling down a few things I needed to remember.

I sprinkled some sugar on top of my porridge and beginning shoving spoonful’s into my mouth when a dazed and just woken up by the looks of things Niall walked in wearing his boxers. He looked at me confused.

“What are you doing up so early?”

I looked at my watch in-between the multiple bracelets, it was quarter to seven, and I needed to leave any minute soon.

“Ugh going to college”

I stated the obvious.

“Oh yeah, I forgot about that”

He mumbled still half asleep. I finished up my porridge and placed my bowl in the sink as I gathered my notes and  put them in the plastic wallet which I put into my bag along with my make-up, book, sunglasses, purse etc. Niall watched me do this.

“You look beautiful…stay away from the college guys, you hear me?”

I laughed slightly as I slung my bag on my shoulder and fixed the grips holding my hair in its high bun.

“I’m actually being serious, you’re stunning”

“Yeah, Yeah whatever Nialler, I’ve gotta go”

“You better believe me, have a good day, I’ll call you”

I was running late now so after sharing a quick peck with Niall I pulled on my heels and grabbed my car keys.

“Oh and Niall, put some clothes on”

He smiled at me and winked as I left without really looking at him, I just wanted to get college over and done with and come back here for an evening in or out whatever and then do this morning’s routine all over again for the next 4 days.

I got in my car and placed my bag on the passenger seat I put on my retro sunglasses and turned the knob on the CD player as Rihanna’s ‘We Found Love’ came on I hummed gently to myself and my fingers tapped against the hot leather of the steering wheel.