-NYC, these streets will make you feel brand new [Chapter 22]

Ashley's POV:

We didn’t get back to the house until mid-night since the boys stayed to sign and meet fans and stuff afterwards. I was asked twice if I was Niall’s girlfriend apparently it was ‘the way he looked at me during wmyb’ that was awkward and I went into panic stations not knowing what to say. I wanted to leave this to Niall he knew a lot better than me to when and where we should announce our relationship, I had looked over to him desperately for some sort of hint on what to say but he was busy talking to some fans so I just said “No, we’re just really good friends” the girls seemed somewhat disappointed when I said this, I didn’t mean to be rude but I tried to get out of there asap before I said something I wasn’t supposed to.

I slipped the dress off as I stood in front of the full length mirror in my room studying myself. I wasn’t as slim as Faye or Ellie, I wasn’t fat but I wasn’t slim if you understand me. I want to be slimmer not drastically just a bit more room to have confidence that’s all, I just wished that everybody could accept this and not think that I was going to go all out to lose a load of weight because I wasn’t, I just wanted to drop a few pounds at a time.

I pulled on my pyjama shorts and top then slipped on my slippers and went downstairs it was irrelevant to me that I had college tomorrow I wasn’t in the mood to sleep, I wasn’t even tired. When I walked down the darkened hallway I listened as I walked past each of the boy’s rooms. Harry was obviously on the phone to Faye, his door was shut and locked but the light spilled out from underneath leaving an orange glow on the carpet surrounding it, I bit my lip smiling slightly at their happiness. Zayn and Louis were asleep by the sounds of things. Liam’s door was shut and locked as well his light dim but still there I could hear keys clicking away showing he was on his laptop or something.

All the lights were off downstairs apart from the faint glow of the lamp coming from the living room so I guessed Niall was probably in there although all was silent I could just tell he was there since his room was empty and un-touched.

I stood in the doorway watching him; he was led across the sofa with his hands behind his head slightly propped up by the cushion. He was biting his lip smiling slightly as he stared up at the ceiling even with the almost darkness of the room I could see his beautiful blue eyes blinking every so often, he looked deep in thought.

I walked up behind him and began playing with his hair; he tilted his head back smiling at me as he pulled me down onto the sofa next to him.

“Hey beautiful”

He whispered to me, stroking my curls. I didn’t answer snuggling into his chest and breathing in the scent of his shower gel as he had recently showered, it smelt fresh, clean and relaxing, a comforting scent.

“You were amazing tonight, you know”

Niall whispered to me again kissing my neck softly.

“Yeah, once I got the past almost throwing up before I came on”

He laughed quietly.

“You were that nervous?”

I nodded.

“You know I was asked by 2 fans afterwards if I was your girlfriend”

His eyes widened.

“How would they know though?”

I shrugged.

“Apparently the way you looked at me”

I smiled and he blushed slightly finding my hand and locking our fingers together.

“Well, I was looking at the most beautiful girl in the world”

I bit my lip.

“I’m not too sure about that one”