-Nothing's going on, I promise [Chatper 38]

Ashley's POV:

The rest of the day was spent messing around in the water and now we were back at the hotel getting ready to go out for a meal tonight. I tied my hair up into a high pony tail my curls spilling out down my back falling down past my cropped blazer that Niall didn’t fail to compliment.

“I’m gonna go and see If Liam has my phone”

Niall said kissing my cheek briefly as I continued to mess around with my hair he shut the door behind him only for it to open again a matter of seconds later. But instead Harry appeared flashing a smile at me as he searched the room for Niall realising he wasn’t here he still proceeded in shutting the door behind him. I slid a few grips into my hair and sprayed it with some hairspray concluding that it’d do I sat down with my legs spread out in front of me on the bed checking my messages.

“Need something Harry?”

I asked as he poked through the various pieces of jewellery that were around the mirror looking up at me a smile crossing his face.

“I was actually looking for Niall but clearly he’s not here…”

He said walking over and sitting beside me.

“Yeah, hence why I asked you if you needed something…”

I pushed making it clear that I didn’t understand his reason to stay.

He chuckled not at all bothered by my hints at him to get out really.

“Not anything in particular, I just thought maybe we could continue our little game…”

He began leaning across my body much to my dis-comfort as he said this, normal speaking level turning into a whisper straight into my ear his breath  hot on my neck.

“You never answered my question you know Ashley…”

He continued at this point Niall chose this moment to come back in.

“Nope Liam doesn’t-“

He took in our position and I realised what it must have looked like, Harry’s body arched over mine his lips centimetres away from my face, thanks a million Harry.

“What’s going on?”

Niall’s voice was quieter now and less confident, in fact not that confident at all and the hurt that was in his eyes was visible even from here and it pained me even more to see that. Harry moved away from me getting up but he didn’t seem worried at all, in fact maybe kind of…proud? What the hell is going on?

“Nothing. Niall I can explain”

I said straight away my sentence faltering at the end as his expression turned to Harry, an angry one at that. Harry got up saying nothing as he walked past Niall out the door and the atmosphere was strange and tense.

“Well I’d love to hear it”

His voice was cold his tone dripping with anger but the hurt was there, behind the anger the hurt was as clear as day to me. It was something he couldn’t hide from me.

“I promise nothing’s going on”

I began bringing my knees to my chest and resting my chin on them, even though the ache was there I wasn’t going to cry my way out of this one, I was tired of crying over everything.

“You say that, but that sure seemed like something…”

Niall said, his anger was fading now and he sounded more confused and hurt than angry at me. I couldn’t decide which was better.