-You seem like a rich girl [Chapter 45]

Ashley's POV:

The sunlight splashed the room with colour and I groaned remembering that I was about to wake up to an empty bed. I rolled over and opened my eyes the pillow next to me was squashed down in the middle from where Niall had slept on it and the covers were slightly messed up where he had left a couple of hours earlier.

A single yellow post-it hung off the chest of drawers beside our bed and I smiled as even from where I was I could tell it was Niall’s handwriting that had filled the paper.

Morning love:)

I wish I was there to say it to you in person but I’m not so there we go. I’m gonna miss you, I don’t care what Louis says, I freaking miss you. I hope you have fun at our fashion snob thingy ;). Harry’s still a bit peeved mwahaha. We were good last night, better than last time, our skillz have improved babe. See you at two-ish I guess and if you have to line up I’m gonna laugh at you ‘babes’ Nah, I’m joking, text me!  See you in a couple hours.

-Nialler x

p.s I love you!<3

He is the most adorable person I think I have ever met. Enough said.

I folded the paper into it-self twice and put it into the inside zip pocket of my purse. Fixing my pyjama shorts and standing in front of the mirror staring at my reflection. Just as I was doing this morning routine my phone began vibrating on the counter, I looked over to it debating whether it was worth answering, I needed the time to get ready.

I checked the ID. My mother, guess I better answer.

“Hello?”

I said with not as much enthusiasm as maybe she would have liked, it is only 6 what does she expect?

“Ashley! How are you honey? Did you get back from Ireland the night before last okay?”

Her tone was over-enthusiastic. Maybe making up for the lack of contact she knew we had held lately, maybe she was genuinely pleased to speak to me; the first option seemed more honest.

“Fine”

That word was meant to be the word that would simply be dis-missed and people would assume you were ‘fine’. In which I was, I was more than fine. But she wouldn’t want to know why I was this happy; happier than I was when she last saw me in the flesh, a lot happier. It was because of Niall and these boys, how I’ve finally managed to relax a bit and enjoy life and do crazy things with my boyfriend. Yeah, if I told her what things me and Niall had been doing lately I’d probably be shipped right off to somewhere else right this second, so I again, settled with the standard ‘fine’. Nothing more, nothing less. Just fine.

“Oh, just fine sweetie? What’s the matter?”

She surprised me. She sounded as if she cared. This could have been a good bit of acting, or maybe she actually cared, maybe it was both. I think it’s both. This was making up for lost time, I knew this and so did she but yet we continued to pretend we didn’t, pretended we cared and missed each other. Which I, didn’t.

“Nothing’s the matter. I’m fine; I’m having a great time. Yes we did get back fine, it wasn’t the night before last it was yesterday morning”

I corrected.

“Oh really? I could have sworn you said it was the night before last?”

“It was, we changed it”

I retorted a bit harsher than intended then my father’s voice came from the background.

“Who’s we?”