-I'd rather stay in with you [Chapter 16]

Ashley's POV:

The past week at college hadn’t been as bad as that first day, I hardly saw Owen and when I did he knew to keep his distance and I had my adorable Irish boyfriend to thank for that. Now in some ways I’m glad I let Niall ‘sort things out’ because even though I didn’t believe that violence would actually solve anything, it did in this situation but that didn’t mean it was the answer for everything because it’s definitely not.

I had to stay late at college to finish off my textiles project since it was due today and I hadn’t finished it and I kinda wanted to see the prints from the last shoot we did on Wednesday so I waited for them to be generated as well so by now it was dark out.  I walked up the driveway to the house the stones clicking against my heels, the house seemed dead.

I un-locked the door and shut it behind me throwing my car keys onto the coffee table in the hall as I kicked off my shoes, all was silent and dark, it was so dark I couldn’t see up the stairs or anywhere for that matter and before I knew it I tripped over something and ended up practically eating the carpet.

“Anyone home?!”

I shouted out into the darkness, no reply. I heard foot-steps walking across the laminate flooring of what must have been the kitchen.

“Ashley?”

A familiar Irish accent rang out piercing the silence and darkness of the house. A light flicked on and there stood Niall looking down on me as he began to laugh.

“Hi”

I said looking up at him from my current position on the floor; he smiled at me then helped me up.

“Did you actually fall over that?”

He chuckled gesturing to one of Ellie’s sandals which was now strewn across the floor away from the other. I shrugged while smiling sheepishly.

“No, I just needed a lie down”

I said sarcastically, he smiled pulling me into a hug.

“You’re so clumsy”

He said kissing my cheek.

“You are not one to talk Horan”

“Shut up”

He scoffed then pecked me on my lips quickly and walked off into the kitchen switching the main light back on.

I followed him in to see the mess that he’d made.

“Where are the others?”

I asked him as he began to put things away in the fridge.

“They all went out like an hour ago”

“Why didn’t you go?”

“Because I wanted to see you”

“Oh…”

I said.

“What are you doing?”

I asked as he piled up various fillings onto some bread.

“Making a sandwich, you want one?”

He showed me his sandwich proudly which consisted of bacon, cheese, lettuce, relish, tomatoes, cucumber, pickle, olives and a lot of other things, I screwed up my nose.

“I’ll pass”

“Suit yourself”

He said taking a bite of his sandwich and sticking his thumb up in approval placing it back on the plate.