-Sabotage and bitches with relations [Chapter 82]

Niall’s POV:

November 12th. Two days before Ashley’s eighteenth birthday. One month and thirteen days before Christmas. Day of two radio interviews and a singing. It was cold, to say the least. Autumn was mashing up into winter and the orange glow of all the trees around was fading and the browning leaves that had fallen were either washed away by rain or dusted with the sprinkling of snow that was still lingering from a few days ago. It was the type of day that I knew Ashley would love, it was cold but it was okay because then she could ‘show off her winter outfits and scarves’ it was picturesque to say the least and I could imagine her walking around through the park and woods or whatever with that beloved camera of her’s. So talented.

I walked past her studio the other day. It was all locked up and it looked so empty. Not that I didn’t expect it to be, she hadn’t been in there for about two months now. The few memories I had from being there with her brought a tear to my eye as I passed. It was just another reminder that she was actually gone. Maybe, it may have been different if she was still around physically. Maybe, just maybe if she was I could attempt to pour my sorrowful heart out to her and convince her somehow that breaking up with me wasn't the right thing to do. But the point was, that she was, she was in New York now. She wasn't even Ash, the London girl working towards wherever life took her anymore, she was now Ashley Jessica Dawson, manager of whatever in some high class fashion company in New York. Might I add, breaking someone's heart in the process.

I kept on telling myself I didn’t take that route on purpose but I did. I guess I just wanted some re-assurance that she hadn’t completely moved her whole life to New York. But it’s pretty empty now; I mean I’m pretty sure that nobody’s been there since she left. Who would have though? It’s just hers. Her place to go, not anymore, but it was.

I’m pretty sure she still thinks I hate her. I don’t. Far from that. In fact, a million miles away from that. I freaking love her, still. Sure I hate what she did, she hurt me, but maybe, I deserved it. I mean me and Chelsea kissed and she was right there, it was a literal second before I was able to push her off of me but I should have saw it coming and walked away when she came to straight off insult Ashley to my face. I wanted to walk off, I mean, her presence disgusted me but the things she was saying about Ashley were the type thing I couldn’t let slide however much it would have helped to. When people insult her like that, or in any way, it pisses me off, it still does now. Because what they say about her it’s not true and if they knew her like I did then they’d know that she’s such a lovely girl and doesn’t deserve any of the hate she gets.

I think I’ve pretty much given up hope that we’ll get back together now. It’s been two months now and from the pictures I’ve seen she’s long gone and moved on. She’s been pictured with some guy a lot of times, I don’t know who he is but he posted a picture of her on twitter claiming she looks sexy in his glasses. This was really killing me, that some other guy was calling her sexy and whatever else, there was nothing to confirm they were in a relationship and that was what was giving me the last string of hope but I just don’t know. I don’t know hardly anything about her new life, all I know is from what the press have said and you never can be sure. I’ve heard a few things fed from Mallory through to Zayn through to me but I just can’t believe it. I just think they’re trying to make me feel better or something by telling me that she still loves me and that she misses me. If she had, she would have called or something and she wouldn’t have told me the complete opposite when we broke up and now be off with some new douche of a guy or whatever.

“Niall you and Ashley were perfect don’t you miss her?!”

“I’ll ALWAYS ship Nashley no matter what!”

“Ashley’s a whore I’m glad you’re over!”

I chewed on my lower lip harshly as I ignored their comments. I still get this now and it’s been two months. Everyone else is as reluctant to let her go as me. Harry placed a hand on my shoulder pushing me along through the crowd as we made our way to the car.