-Just be happy [Chapter 51]

Ashley's POV:

When I woke in the middle of the night something didn’t feel right. I squirmed underneath the covers but nothing else happened. I opened my eyes and Niall wasn’t there anymore. The beat of the music was still going; this party is going on for a very long time for people who have a performance tomorrow morning.

I listened for any signs of life in the house but there was none, maybe Niall’s gone outside, to the party. I lifted back the covers and decided I’d go and see if Ellie was at this party or not.

Her room was empty, so I took it as she probably was. I was about to go back to bed when another argument caught my ear and I narrowed my eyes walking closer to the window so I could hear better considering Ellie’s room is directly above the patio meaning that anyone talking in that area can be heard. I leant against the windowsill as I realised something.

The person doing the majority of the shouting was Niall. I could hear all the other guys there as well but Niall was particularly full of language and anger this time.

“What the fuck? You think you can just waltz on in here and start mouthing off about some girl you don’t even know?! Some amazing girl, a girl that’s a lot more of a nice person than you!”

Zayn’s voice shouted at this person they were arguing with. Then the person on the other side’s voice came and I recognised it from somewhere but I couldn’t quite put my finger on who it was.

“That’s just being hypocritical! You don’t even know me and you’re already judging me!”

Her voice sounded like she spoke through her nose.

“We have enough to judge you on, and quite frankly you’re a bitch. Besides, maybe we don’t know you as well but Niall certainly does!”

Niall knows this girl, well. Harry said this; I wonder who they’re sticking up for.

“I can’t believe you Niall! Why can’t you see how much better I am than her?!”

The girl retorted I just sat there listening. It wasn’t my argument to listen to but I was listening now and I can’t bring myself to stop even if it is wrong.

“Why can’t I see that?! Because it’s not fucking true! What is your problem with her? She’s done nothing to you! She’s amazing so just freaking leave her alone! Say whatever you want to and about me but leave Ashley out of this. She doesn’t deserve you’re petty insults that are nowhere near true!”

I then knew who they were arguing with, Chelsea. And they’re all sticking up for me, awhh. I wonder what she’s been saying about me, I swear if she tries anything with Niall I’ll…I don’t know what I’ll do but it won’t be pretty.

“But they are though, aren’t they Niall?! Can’t you see that she’s not right for you? Not right for you and not right for all of this, this life! She can’t handle it! Have you not seen the papers?! Niall wake up, she’s not fit for this!”

Chelsea retaliated and I felt the anger boiling inside of me. Like the papers, she knows nothing. It’s none of her business whether she thinks I’m fit for this or whatever, if I wasn’t then I’d call it quits, which I don’t plan on doing anytime soon.

“You don’t know anything, so I suggest you shut up and take your pathetic self anywhere but here, you’re not welcome here the same as your opinions on Ashley aren’t!”

Louis chipped in and then Liam said something similar and for a few seconds it fell silent before another outburst from Niall.

“Well what are you waiting for?! Get out and shut the fuck up about Ashley, because she’s my girlfriend now, not you and she’s a million times better than you ever were and ever will be!”