-Rainy friday nights with hot chocolate and you [Chapter 23]

Ashley's POV:

The past few weeks have been the same routine, get up, shower, eat breakfast with Niall, get through college and telling my textiles teacher that I needed more time to consider the job while texting Niall back when he texted me saying things like ‘I miss you’ ‘hope you’re having an amazing day, can’t wait to see you’ and sweet things like that. Then I would go home spend some time with Niall and then when the other boys were home and Faye and Harry were finished swallowing each other- catch up with Faye.

I done this routine every day and now it was getting boring and I was tiring of it seriously, I was glad that I only had a few weeks left until I graduated from collage but on the other hand I wasn’t because that meant I only had a few weeks left to make my decision about this job in New York, it was absolutely crazy that I had to make this life-changing decision within a few weeks and I hadn’t told anybody yet.

I groaned to myself as I chucked down my bag on the stairs and kicked off my heels they hit the wall with a loud thud which was sent through the silent house seeing as I was the first one home on this Friday afternoon and I was glad to be home it had been one of those days where you just can’t get home quick enough, the bell signalling the end of the day is like music to your ears, that sort of day. After spending the day being nagged about taking this New York job from my textiles teacher, being asked by fan-girls about my relationship with Niall as there had been a few close calls with the press lately and people were getting suspicious. Ignoring the hard stares Owen was giving me all day it was safe to day I was pretty tired and pissed off by now and so freaking glad it was Friday.

I walked up the stairs the way they winded like in a castle even pissed me off.

“Stupid winding staircases”

I muttered to myself as I reached the top. Walking down the hallway and thrusting the doorway to my room open, my wardrobe was open and clothes were on the floor showing Ellie had paid a visit I slammed the door shut not even wanting to acknowledge how much she had taken. I thrust open my bathroom door standing in front of the mirror, my eye-make-up was smudged where I’d rubbed my eyes and my lip-stick had come off leaving a pink tinge around my lips and my powder clinged  on but barely making it look shiny and cakey. My hair was falling out as it frizzed everywhere I groaned yanking the hairband out and turning on the hot water tap for the bath as I stripped off my clothes.

I shut the curtains suddenly deciding that the light pissed me off and hurt my eyes right now. I stepped into the bath the water was too hot and burned my skin but I didn’t care, I submerged myself in the bubbles tipping my head back into the water. Bubbles smothered my long hair but I wasn’t going to wash them out I wasn’t motivated and I could already feel a headache coming on, a stress one no doubt.

I was probably in there for about an hour when I finally decided to drag myself out my skin was red and burning from the heat of the water, I knew the others were back because I could hear them all downstairs but I wasn’t motivated to talk to them yet so I slipped on some underwear than a pair of sweats with a Hollister hoodie and I tied my hair up in a wet bun not bothering with make-up I knew I looked terrible but I didn’t care.

I crossed my legs sitting on my bed as I fired up my laptop relaxing slightly into the soft covers. I walked to my bedroom window staring out into the sunset. It was Friday night, the beginning of the weekend, the weekend that would go way to quickly and it would all too soon be Monday again, another week to get through, going back to square one, I was seriously tired of college now, tired of everything maybe I did need a change, some new scenery. The rain began to pour now hammering down and yet again soaking everything, the showers had been getting more and more frequent today and now it was just a torrential downpour.