-Tell me goodbye and that you love me [Chapter 61]

Ashley's POV:

I didn’t know what the time was but it was the early hours, still dark outside and the rain lashing against the window was noisy. The tapping had stopped, thinking about that kind of made me shiver. I turned over and Niall was now spread out where he had moved in his sleep, his lips parted slightly and I watched him as his chest rose and fell with each husky breath he took.

Smiling to myself I kissed his forehead and then turned back over bundling the covers up in my fists as I brought them to chin snuggling back into them and then a few seconds later I felt Niall’s arm wrap over my waist pulling me closer to him and I smiled even more and he again moulded his body to mine.

Nothing ever was this simple during the day. Right now everything was perfect. Us just lying here in the early hours as the rain shot against the window outside like un-harmful bullets of water. Just us together but by the morning I highly doubted we’d be alone, maybe in my household these things were somewhat easier but maybe they weren’t, I didn’t even know. I just knew that we have one day before everything goes back to workaholic mode and I won’t see Niall anywhere near as often and I will most likely, be forced into work, by my mother.

Maybe, this was a somewhat good thing. If I wrapped myself in work again then I would think about Niall less. However, I did doubt this.

Many complications were ridden throughout my life and maybe it made me wonder if they would be erased after these next three days, maybe they’re not even complications, in all honesty I didn’t even know what they were, just things that probably wouldn’t even exist if I hadn’t met Niall and the other boys but it’s all worth it, everything is.

Niall rolled over again drifting in and out of sleep, I watched him for a while now wide awake myself as he made faces during his sleep talking slightly but it all just came out as muffled noises. Smiling I brushed hair from his face and kissed his cheek before pulling back the covers and padding across the room creaking the door open slightly. I took one last look at him with his arms spread out either side of him his head lopsided a crooked smile plastered on his face then I left down the hallway and the stairs.

The rain pattered against the skylight above the landing, it was slowing a bit, it’d hopefully be cooked off by the end of August heat wave if we were lucky, and apparently there was a surprise in store tomorrow. Fun and games tomorrow then…

When I got downstairs a dim light was coming from the kitchen. Resting a hand against the doorframe I carefully peered in noticing my father holding a glass of water then after shutting the cupboard door he switched the light off and turned around, I apparently startled him.

“Ashley, what are you doing down here?”

He said giving me a confused look.

“Getting some water”

I stated the obvious filling a glass and leaning against the door frame as he took a seat on the sofa while keeping his eyes on me.

“Oh” He said putting his feet on the coffee table. “Well, I’ll just take this opportunity to say, I like that Niall guy, and he’s been treating you right, hasn’t he?”

Not being able to refrain the smile tugging at my lips I smiled at him tucking a piece of hair behind my ear and looking back up to meet his eyes again.

“Yeah, he has”

He nodded curtly.

“So, that’s it really, I approve, okay?”

“Could you tell Mum that?”

He gave me a confused look the lines around his eyes creasing further as he raised his eye-brows.