Chapter 1

Because people demanded I put this up. Enjoy and hope you enjoy this journey. I'm not sure when I'm going to update again. I'm focusing on wrapping up one of my other FFs and getting further along on the others.

***

**| Sang's POV |**

The pain pulsed in my body and I shifted in my small cage. I wanted to whimper but that only ever led to more pain.

Anger interweaved with the pain and I closed my eyes, not wanting it taking me over. Nothing good ever happened when I let my anger win and lately it seemed my control no longer existed.

My wolf shifted within me, responding to my emotions, demanding to be released.

No. Not right now.

Frustration rose within me and I knew.

I was nearing my end. How long did I have left? A day? A week? One more fight? Two? Could I handle another beating for standing against my captures?

"Breathe, Sang," a deep, reverberating voice said softly, in a careful warning. I sighed, taking comfort in the accented words. "Remember to breathe. You're okay. We're okay."

I did as he said, reminding myself to just breathe and exist. One second at a time. Just take it second by second. I would be okay. I needed to be.

"I won't get out of here," I whispered. My eyes burned with tears that wanted to come out but once again, I forced them to stay. I refused to give this place my tears. They didn't deserve it.

But darn, it was so hard. So so hard to remain strong.

I've already been here for two years. Two years of fighting other shifters. Two years of my decisions being forced. Two years of being a murderer. And two years of being punished when I refused to be one.

I've seen this place break quite a few shifters. The madness just took them over and the moment they became uncontrollable, they were put down. Like an animal. I didn't want to die an animal.

"You will, Aggele Mou." His voice was determined and I could picture his nearly black eyes staring at me through the partition between us, letting me know he wasn't lying. This was his promise to me. My heart ached at his presence.

Silas joined me four months ago. He was my savor because without him I would have lost myself to the darkness a while ago. I would have become feral. The fights were pushing me too far. The death and violence was destroying the root of who I used to be. Frankly, I couldn't remember who I used to be. I just knew I wasn't this.

"You will," he repeated.

"No, you will," I said and shifted, taking in a sharp breath. I had two broken ribs and because of my already weakened state, the healing process was slow. I would be okay in the morning but something like this should have already been healed by now. "You have people looking for you. Me. I have no one." My family sold me. Once they were given the option, they sold me, and then my life was filled with even more violence. My stepmother was nothing compared to these men and their games.

"When they get here, we will get you out."

I shook my head, ignoring the black dots in my vision.

"Not enough time," I said for what felt like the hundredth time. With the way the security was set up, once they managed to pop open his cage to get him out, they would need to leave to have enough time to escape before this place was overrun. And my lock was more complicated than his. Mine required a fingerprint. I was a prized fighter after all. I was the only shifter to last so long and Deras didn't want to lose me.