Chapter 10

Thanks for your patience and enjoy!

***

**| Sang's POV |**

Exhaustion. My body felt like it had gone through a few rounds when I woke up. My cells screamed out in retribution for straining them so much. I winced at the light and turned my head into the soft pillow, taking in a deep breath. All I could smell was Silas and Sean in here. Just those two.

I tried to open my eyes but it felt like someone shoved a flashlight into my eye. I moaned and turned my head, keeping my eyes tightly shut.

The door clicked open and a moment later clicked shut again.

"Sang," Sean's voice called out for me.

"Bright," I whispered painfully.

"Oh, sorry," he said and a moment later the red under my eyelids went black.

I blinked open my eyes, expecting the light still on but all I found were shadows casted by the sunlight coming into the room. The walls were plain white, the room only containing the bed, a small closet, and a nightstand next to me. There were also machines hooked up to me, beeping in tandem with my heartbeat.

"Wha—" I croaked out and stopped, my throat so dry.

"Here, Pookie, drink this."

He passed me a cup and took a long drink, letting the coolness sooth my aching throat. Sean pulled up a nearby chair and sat down.

"What happened?" I asked, my memories too fragmented to put together.

"Nathan, one of my brothers, was out patrolling when he ran into you and Silas. He should have stayed away but his curiosity got away from him."

I nodded, remembering seeing a massive reddish-brown wolf. Nathan.

"You both challenged each other and neither were willing to back down so you guys fought. Silas tried to stop the fight and then you were knocked out."

I focused on his expression when he said the last part.

"Repeat that last part," I said.

Sean looked confused as he said, "Silas tried to stop you guys from fighting and you ended up getting knocked out."

"He tried to stop us?" I asked.

He didn't betray me? He didn't fight against me with the intent to hurt me?

Sean nodded. "That fight never should have happened. You're still weak and Nathan should have backed down but then he pushed all the right buttons and you snapped. Silas tried to stop you.

"He didn't betray me," I whispered in relief.

"What?" Sean asked in disbelief. "Silas would never do something like that, why would you think that?"

"You guys are his family," I whispered, looking down at my lap, taking in the dark purple blanket.

"And so are you," Sean said. "He would never easily turn his back on you. Ever."

I pressed my lips together and didn't respond. We sat in silence for a few minutes before Sean sighed.

"Now that you are up and running, may I take a look at you? You've been out for about nine days."

My head snapped up at Sean in shock.

"N-nine?" I stuttered out.

He nodded, his eyes darkening, his wolf coming to the surface just a little bit. "After the fight, you stayed in human form for a little less than a day and then suddenly you shifted on us." He glanced away, to look out the window. "We thought we lost you. We thought you went wild. But Silas refused to give up on you. We managed to get you into a cage and you stayed in wolf form for a little over four days. Silas and Owen managed to get you to shift back to human form and then you were out until now."