Chapter 18

Sorry for the long wait. When NaNoWriMo is over, things will get a little easier. But for now, back to writing!

**

Luke's rumbling chest was what woke me up. I blinked open my eyes to Sean standing over us, hands up as his lips moved. I tilted my head up to see Luke replying with something before looking down at me with a smile, though his eyes were darker, his wolf near the surface.

What was going on?

I reached up and took off the headphones.

"What's wrong?" I asked, pushing off of Luke. Instantly, I felt the loss of him, his scent, his heat, the feel of him.

"You took off before I had a chance to look at your wounds."

I blinked a couple of times as I tried to figure out why he looked so upset.

"Okay?"

Sean sighed and crouched down. "Sang, you sparred with Nathan and then took off and got into it with rogues. You sustained wounds and you aren't a hundred percent yet. Let me check on you."

I sighed and stretched out my legs, my muscles not liking the movements. Sean held out his hand to help me and I hesitated before reaching up. His hand wrapped around mine and he pulled me up onto my feet in one fluid motion.

The world spun and I nearly fell back down.

"Sang?" Luke asked as Sean grabbed my hips to steady me.

"Sorry," I said. "I got up too fast."

"All the more reason to check you over," Sean said and led me out of the nice peaceful room, down the hall, down the stairs, and into the bedroom I stayed in last time.

He sat me down at the small desk, turning the chair so we faced each other.

"Let me see," Sean said, not meeting my eyes. I lifted up the shirt to show an angry red line running along the side of my side. "It's already almost healed."

"She rested, Doc," Luke said, leaning against the wall. I met his eyes and when he grinned, I smiled back, feeling a little goofy smiling at him like that.

I let Sean do what he needed to do to feel better. Luke almost had me breaking out with laughter on multiple occasions as he made funny faces at me. He was ridiculous. He made everything so much easier, being a good distraction.

I smelled the others coming but they stopped outside. Luke stiffened before he pushed off the wall and went out to meet with them.

"The others are here," Sean said as he checked my vitals.

"I know."

He looked up at me.

"I can sense them. You guys are easily noticeable when you're together."

He nodded and then leaned back with a grin, wrapping his stethoscope around his neck. "You're nearly better," he said.

"Really?"

He nodded. "Yup, the only concern is getting you to eat more and to get your weight back up, but that comes with time. Your body is mostly healed now, and it looks like the rate of healing is back up to what it should be at. By the looks of the battle earlier, your strength is back up too and you have top notch senses. You're healed, Sang."

"I am?"

He nodded. "When you were resting, you were truly resting. All outside distractions were blocked and you were able to go into a deep sleep. For Luke, it keeps him calm. For you, it gave you the deep rest you needed, allowing your body to pick up speed on the healing process. You know you were asleep for six hours up there."