Chapter 7

Okay, okay, I'll put you out of your misery. Here is the next chapter. Enjoy and thank you for all your amazing comments. This chapter wouldn't have been done so soon without them so keep up the good work!

***

**| Silas's POV |**

I slammed into Nate, pushing him away from Sang. When we got back to our feet, I positioned myself in front of her unconscious body, my heart thudding hard.

This wasn't what I wanted to happen. I just wanted to stop them from tearing each other apart. I knew Sang. She would have kept going until Nate could no longer move, maybe even until he was dead. And I knew Nate. He wouldn't back down from her. They had challenged each other and Nate never took challenges well. He always butted heads with Victor and tended to get into it with North on multiple occasions.

Nate, I warned, trying to get him to stop. He was stronger than me but I wouldn't hesitate to protect Sang. I growled a warning but he ignored me, only a few feet away from me now, his eyes complete focused on Sang behind me.

I pulled back my lips to show my incisors and growled, my hackles rising, ready to defend Aggele Mou.

Move, he snarled and I shook my head.

No. This fight shouldn't have happened. Stop, Nathan.

His presence in my head thickened as he pressed his will against me. I locked my legs and forced myself to stay standing. My wolf was determined to not submit. Not this time. Not with Sang unconscious, unable to defend herself.

Guilt gnawed at me. I saw the pain in her eyes when she thought I was fighting against her. On Nate's side.

That wasn't my intention. I just wanted to stop the fight and we couldn't communicate with her. I just wanted to stop her from hurting Nate and to get Nate to stop. And she was so far gone. I didn't want to lose her.

And now she was hurt and bleeding. And not moving. She wasn't moving. Only the sound of heart beat from behind me kept me sane.

Let me finish this, Nathan sent through the link.

Enough! I snarled. Leave her alone.

She challenged me.

And you should have backed off for now. You shouldn't have responded. She's still healing. She's protective. She relies more on her instincts than anything else. You should have known better, I sent to him and knew the rest of the pack heard what I said. They were so close now, the pressure in the air thick with their urgency. They were determined to get to us.

Question was, would they get to us in time? Before irreparable damage occurred.

Nate ignored me and moved forward. I charged after him, refusing to let him get any closer to Sang. We smashed into each other, all snarls and biting. I pushed back the pain, refusing to give in. I knew I couldn't win against Nate. He was our lead enforcer after all. He trained us to fight. But this fight was more than a battle of domination. This was about protection and I would protect Sang.

He bit my side and I yelped as I thrashed, managing to put distance between us. He came in for another attack before the pressure around us intensified, announcing the presence of the rest of the pack, especially our Alpha.

ENOUGH! a voice boomed through our heads and we whined as we separated, going to our stomachs in automatic submission. The pressure thickened, threatening to explode within us.

Alpha Blackbourne's fury swirled in the air as the rest of the pack came out of the darkness and into the light provided by the nearly full moon. His silvery grey wolf wasn't the biggest in the pack but his very presence made him seem like he was. He loomed over Nate, his lips curled back, his eyes an ice of silver.