Chapter 37

I don't know what to say. I meant to keep updating more often than this. I didn't. There were even moments, I contemplated deleting my profile and just quietly disappearing. But then I'd hate myself because I want to finish these stories as much as I hope you want to keep reading them. I hate leaving things partly done. Life's life. I'll keep writing. Don't you worry!

I just ask that you guys remain patient with me as I find my balance. My life has been difficult for me. So I'm finding my way back to a good place. It's slow, but I think I'm getting there. Sometimes, ugly truths have a way of keeping you down after shoving you. I know some of you are getting frustrated with me and all I can say is, 'I'm sorry, please be more patient'. 

***

**| Owen's POV |**

"What you did was dangerous," Axel said, looking over at me from behind the wheel.

"I know."

"If you had touched that pup, you would have started a war. You can't handle a pack war right now."

"I know."

"And shifter law means we can't help you with that. You'd be on your own. You're pack is too small."

"Alpha Toma," I said in a cold voice. "Believe me, I know. I know exactly what I risked."

He waited for me to say something else, expected it, but I was too busy working through all my thoughts to reply. There was too much I needed to plan out, to be ready for, to allow myself to be distracted by Axel's concern. He was only voicing everything I was aware of it.

"Fuck," Axel whispered, his grip tightening on the steering wheel. "Why do I feel like you'd do it too?"

"Probably because I would. Miss Sang deserves to have people fight for her."

"A war would not prove that to her."

I stared at Axel. I'd known him and his pack for a few years now. Out of all the packs out there, mine was closest with the Toma Pack. When his eyes met mine, I made sure to get my point across. "I very much disagree with you."

He took in a sharp breath, but didn't say anything else, despite the tension doubling. The others in the vehicle also remained silent. I could feel Kota's stare, but ignored it.

How is she? I asked Sean since he was in the other car with her.

Quiet. She's thinking.

You told her, didn't you?

How could I not? Humor came through the bond. It's true anyways. We want to mate with her. Never thought I'd ever think like that with someone, but my wolf and I are in agreement.

She's a special wolf, I said. My wolf was in agreement too. But it wasn't that easy. It was clear to me that these last couple of weeks, my pack agreed on the same thing without any arguments. They were all interested in Sang.

I opened up the links to include them all.

We're going to have to have a pack meeting concerning Sang's position among us.

That got their attention.

Is something wrong? Is she leaving us? Luke asked, not able to hide the fear in his question. He always struggled the most with the idea of someone he cares for leaving him. I understood that. His own mother left him before he even went through his first shift, and his father was a rogue who refused to stay in one place. Luke got all too used too what his father's back looked like as he walked out the door. North showing up had settled him some, but he still held onto that fear that someday, his brother would leave him too.