Chapter 15

**| Sang's POV |**

In The Gallows, when a fight approached, they would stop poisoning us with silver, giving us time to heal, and then pumped us full of some kind of steroid concoction so we could fight at full strength. The fact that fights were about once a month, they had the time to jump-start our system to heal after keeping us weak for a couple weeks. The rotation pretty much followed two to three weeks weak with silver, a week of detox and healing, a day of fighting, and repeat.

Over and over again.

Each fight growing harder for the more seasoned fighters. And the weak ones were just killed. We literally fought for our lives, even if we lived through the match.

So I knew how to fight. I had to learn quickly and my great memory allowed me to do just that. I could watch a move and then easily replicated it later on.

Silas knew this.

Nathan didn't.

Nathan brought us out to a clearing to give us space to fight. As promised, Alpha Blackbourne, Sean, and Silas were there. Silas's expression was dark as his eyes flickered between Nathan and I.

I sent him a calming smile. I wanted this.

My wolf wanted this.

We wanted to fight. To release this pent up aggression.

And I had to trust that Nathan wouldn't let me hurt him. I stared at Nathan, taking in his broad, tapered shoulders, massive bare chest, the defined muscles. He knew how to take care of his body and it showed. With each step, his abs flexed and I had to make sure I wasn't drooling at the little show. I liked the way his red shorts rested on his hips. They just needed a little tug to fall.

Whoa. Where was that coming from?

I shook my head and tore my eyes away from Nathan and focused on Alpha Blackbourne, taking in his closed off expression, his grey eyes like steel as they focused on us. He stepped forward and everyone focused on him.

"This is just a sparring match. No killing, no maiming. Concede when you know you'll lose and don't go too far. Do not become stubborn." With those simple instructions, he stepped back and crossed his arms over his chest, eyes watchful.

Nathan moved first, circling me. His bare feet were silent with each step, not even a rustle from the foliage on the ground. I forced my limbs to move and mirrored him, unwilling to give him my back or to let him get close to me. My wolf perked up at the potential threat, ready to come out, but I never shifted before my opponent did. It was my way of testing their patience.

My bare feet landed just as softly as Nathan's did on the ground. The warm air tickled my exposed skin. The only clothes on me were my bra and undies. With my instincts taking over, I couldn't even feel embarrassed about being so exposed in front of everyone. The Gallows quickly taught me to get over myself. I spent more time in the nude than with any kind of clothes on.

We gauged each other before Nathan made his move, coming in to knock me down. I danced away, swiping at him with my leg, my wolf curling my lip up into a snarl. We tested each other out, dancing around each other, staying at the edge of our personal zones and just out of reach.

Finally, I went in, spotting a weakness. I swung at him, clipping his cheek. His eyes turned a deep blue, his wolf coming to the surface. The real battle was about to begin. I just needed to push him a little bit more.

I could see him holding himself back. He was just as wary as I was at letting my wolf out, but he desperately wanted to get this show on the road.

"Let's do this, Sang. Let your wolf out to play," Nathan said with a determined look and then he allowed himself to shift. His shift was quick and smooth, leaving behind a beautiful wolf with the reddish brown hair going down his body. The wolf had mine rising in response. She pushed herself up against my skin and then I turned into a wolf, the shift just as fast as his.