Chapter 4

**| Sang's POV |**

Silas stood on the back porch watching as I came out of the clearing. He looked happier, healthier, and handsome with all the scruff along his jaw. His hair grew since when I first met him and nearly covered his dark eyes. He looked wild and dangerous. Intimidating if I didn't already know him. His eyes followed every one of my movements and an emotion I didn't understand intensified his scrutiny as I got closer.

I took a step closer, wanting to touch him, but then paused, unfamiliar scents reaching my nose.

I didn't know them. My wolf surged forward on me before I could do anything and then I was back on four feet, lower to the ground, and a little angry. They said this place was mine while I was here, that the others would stay away. So why were there new scents. Scents I didn't recognize.

I growled as I worked my wait out of the clothes I wore.

"Sang," Silas said in a firm voice and I ignored him, still sniffing, working my way around the building. The scents were fresh.

My mind catalogued them.

Springs soap.

Luke's vanilla.

Leather and Cyprus.

Spice.

North's light musk.

Berry and moss.

Soft sandalwood.

Who? Who was here and where were they now?

"Sang," Silas said, keeping his voice calm when I returned to the backyard after making a full circle around the cabin.

I bared my teeth. They said no one else would be here and I didn't like that there were so many scents.

"Sang," Silas said again, with Sean moving around so I could see him better. "It's just us here. No one else."

I sniffed again and they shared an expression as I growled, sniffing out a spot strong of leather and Cyprus.

"It's only us here," Sean said. "The others came by briefly. That's what you scent right now. They came by to see Silas after missing him for so long. They needed to see him with their own eyes before going back to the pack house. But they already left. That scent is old, Sang. Please, calm down."

I sniffed and shook my head. The scent was about half an hour old.

"They didn't come inside," Silas said. He shifted closer to the back door and opened. "Take a look, go explore. I promise, the only other scent you will find is mine, Sean's, and Luke's from when he showed you around. Not even North came inside."

I did as he said, going inside the house and smelling every single corner of the house, every little nook and cranny. He was right. I didn't smell anything I wasn't expecting. Even Luke's scent was old, leaving the house when I left and never going back inside. Instead, he went around to the front of the cabin where he met back up with North. From the saturated scents, they must have shifted before taking off into the woods, leaving us with the two motorcycles.

I even spotted the keys in them. A way to leave. A clear sign that I wasn't a prisoner here.

"Feel better?" Silas asked, standing on the porch with his arms crossed over his large chest. He wore a dark blue t-shirt that stretched over his bulging chest.

I huffed, walking passed him and through the open door, not bothering to turn back into my human form. I found the couch in the living room and went to the corner, the couch acting as a barrier as I settled down, resting my head against my paws with my back to the corner walls.