Chapter 3

As promised to 9CorazonesOcultos! Thanks, that was a nice push to get more written.

If you haven't noticed by now, this isn't the insta-love, instant mates kind of story. It is HEA and they will get there, but they need to work through a lot of issues first.

***

**| Sean's POV |**

"So where is my new patient?" I asked Silas. I was just finishing with giving him a check-up and I hated what I saw. He had bruising all over his body, he was underweight for a man his size, and the scars had me seeing red. Shifters didn't scar that easily.

Calm down, Owen warned into my head through the pack bond just before my lip curved into a snarl at the abuse my brother had to go through.

Did you see what I saw? The damage done to Silas?

I saw through you and I'm just as furious. Our time will come and those men will get what is coming to them but for now, practice your patience.

I huffed out a frustrated breath and connected the IV, hoping it would flush out the rest of the silver going through his body.

Silas's expression saddened at my question about the female wolf. "She shifted and is out in the forest," he said.

"I'll go find her. If she's anyway like how you are, she should be here resting, not running around, making it worse."

Silas shook his head. "I would suggest waiting."

"Why?" I narrowed my eyes.

He sighed and looked behind me, not focusing on anything in particular. It was just him and his memories. What the hell happened in that place? I was glad Nathan and Silas worked to burn it down to the ground after we escaped. Victor and Kota did a great job distracting everyone from staying away the building to give them that opportunity.

"That place has trained her to kill an unknown wolf on sight," he said and I had to think about what that meant.

Silas will be debriefing everyone after he gets some rest, Owen's voice echoed through my head and by the look on Silas's face, his too. Sounds of acknowledgment came through the bond and I knew he sent that out to the whole pack.

"I'll be careful, give me something of yours. Maybe your scent will help calm her down since she knows you."

Silas didn't look too sure but he handed over his worn out shirt. I eyed it before shaking my head and tossing it towards the garbage can.

"Never mind, seeing that will just get her riled up." I grinned at Silas. "Come here, you big teddy bear, give Mama a hug."

He chuckled but didn't pull away while I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him, making sure to get his scent all over me. I patted his back and before pulling away, I turned and whispered into his ear, "You're safe now."

He nodded as I got up and headed out onto the backyard. I took in a deep breath and picked up a new scent, matching the one in the cabin. There was a tinge of darkness in it that had me worried, but there was also a softness to her musk and a little hint of sweetness, like fresh cut fruit.

I eyed the torn clothes lying on the ground. She didn't even bother taking it off first. I took in the blood and sweat stains. She probably didn't care about the clothes.

Gabe, you'll need to get our guest some clothes.

Fuck yeah, he responded instantly and I could feel his excitement at the prospect of shopping.