Chapter 13

**| Sang's POV |**

The next morning, Silas and I went back to the cabin so I could have space. Meeting most of the pack had left me tired and agitated. They weren't happy about me leaving but Sean decided it was a good idea. Too much had happened in too short amount of time and having six of the nine members of the pack around was overwhelming. I didn't even want to begin to think about what it would feel like to have all nine around me.

I was glad I met most of them. My wolf felt more relaxed and less likely to lash out. I could feel the difference in me, as if meeting them had healed something broken inside of me. I didn't really understand the changes, I just knew I felt lighter.

A couple of days passed before Sean came over for his daily visit and asked me if I wanted to meet the rest.

That meant meeting Nathan, who I tried to tear apart in my craze.

I nodded in agreement but we decided it was best to not meet at the cabin since that was still my domain.

I followed Sean with Silas at my back as we went into the woods and walked to our meeting place. The walk was a long one but I enjoyed the exercise, desperately needing to move my body.

My ears picked up the crashing of water, the air heavy with the smell of fresh water and fish. I picked up my speed, wanting to get there, and Sean and Silas easily adjusted to the change of pace.

When we finally broke out into a clearing, I paused in amazement.

Sean had led me to a waterfall. A beautiful waterfall, with rocks lining the banks to create a barrier from the spray of the crashing water.

"Come on," Silas said. "They're on their way, but it'll take a little bit. Come feel the water."

He grabbed my hand and helped me up onto a massive rock and then closer to the water.

When we got to a smaller rock near the water, he jumped down first before turning around and grabbing me by the waist. He lifted me up and placed me down in front of him.

"Careful," Sean called out, still standing on the grass area, watching us.

Silas just grunted as he sat down and pulled off his shoes and socks. He looked up at me and cocked an eyebrow, smirking.

I finally settled down next to him, taking off the shoes Gabriel had bought me when I first came to their pack lands. Next were the socks before I slowly lowered my feet down the side of the rock and into the cool water.

I gasped in surprised, not expecting the water to feel so cold and refreshing. With how hot South Carolina had been the last few days, I expected it to me warmer. Silas chuckled. With how tall he was, the water went up his calves while the water barely covered my feet.

"This is my favorite spot," Silas said. "I love the water and the privacy here allows me to just be while staying safe. Don't tell my alpha, but sometimes, while on patrol, I would stop by here for a few minutes to enjoy the quiet. It's a good place to think."

"You picked a good spot," I replied, staring down in the crystal clear water. I could see fishes moving around underneath the surface but they left us alone.

"Tell me a little more about your alpha and Nathan."

Silas looked thoughtful for a moment before finally speaking. "Nathan probably gets into the most fights among us."

I snorted at that and his lips twitched. I knew that already, obviously.

"But he's quick to repent too. He's had the most trouble with his wolf. I won't get into too many details, but it has to do with his father. His father was a mean asshole and while Nathan won't really admit it, he struggles with his fear of becoming just like his father. You already know he's our lead enforcer, but he also tends to pick fights with North and even Victor a lot. He doesn't meant to, but his wolf needs an outlet and most of the time, it ends up being fighting."