Chapter 20

Once I started writing, this I couldn't stop. It didn't quite go where I wanted because...well...it's the mall scene. It wouldn't be a FF without the mall scene. So enjoy and let me know what you think!

***

**| Sang's POV |**

I sat in a cage on four wheels. All the metal felt like it was pressing against me and I couldn't even do anything because Gabriel was driving about sixty miles an hour, humming to himself, and I was strapped in by a seatbelt.

I didn't like it.

Neither did my wolf.

"Sang, you're fine," Silas said, sitting next to me. He shifted and his thigh brushed up against mine. I drew comfort from that little bit of touch. I'd prefer to be back in the library, reading, like I did for most of yesterday.

But Gabriel was determined to bring me shopping. Kota sat in the front, watching the road carefully. I'd think he would be the one driving but Gabriel was determined and took the keys and got in the driver seat before Kota could claim his spot.

The three of them decided to take me to a mall about two hours drive since we were located outside of Charleston. I think they just needed the extra juice in case I flipped out and that was why Kota came too. As beta, and with the help of the other two, he'd be able to stop me if I decided humans tasted yummy.

I already tasted humans before. They were gross.

I took in a slow breath, trying to calm my agitated wolf. We didn't want to be in the car. It was too small and cramped.

"We're almost there," Silas said.

I nodded and glanced at the passing scenery, the buildings growing taller the further we moved into the city.

When we pulled up to the mall, I practically jumped out, fumbling with the lock for a moment. I drew in deep breaths. The air wasn't as refreshing as on pack land, but it felt good to be out in the open. I turned around to see everything. We were in a small parking lot outside, but we were next to a parking garage that went up five stories, the glint of cars on the edge suggesting they were filled.

Gabriel came to my side and shuffled side to side as he waited for me. I gave him a smile, glad he wasn't dragging me into the mall.

I followed with Kota next to me and Silas at my back. He always had my back. I briefly flashed to a brutal memory.

Silas's hot back pressed against mine.

Four wolves, growling and snapping.

The cheering and jeering.

Pain along my side as I panted.

Was this it? Was my life finally over?

All four wolves charged. Two for me, two for Silas.

Neither of us could move because then we'd leave the other person open.

A wolf locked onto my leg, its teeth digging into my thigh. I grunted, refusing to scream. I never screamed.

An arm wrapped around my waist and then I was spinning until I landed on my stomach, looking up to see a bloodied Silas crouched before me, his wolf fighting to get out through the sedative they decided to give us this round for a little extra challenge. He stood between me and four wolves.

He was protecting me.

Me.

A nobody.