Chapter 22

Enjoy! =) I didn't have a chance to read through it for mistakes, so if there are any, sorry! I didn't want to make you wait long between the last chapter and this one.

**

**| Victor's POV |**

I was on patrol duty for the night with North.

Anything?

No, he responded.

I pushed back my impatience. Something was up. My wolf was on alert, and according to North, his was too. Something was about to happen.

More rogues?

Or the ones who had captured Sang and Silas?

I checked my phone, the small hairs on my neck standing on end. I flickered through all the cameras I had set up in the house and around the pack house. The cameras went a few yards into the woods. I had other alarm systems further out to alert us of anyone approaching. Even so, we still liked to have patrols just in case. While technology was useful, it wasn't infallible.

I checked inside.

Everyone slept. Luke was resting in his room. Gabriel was in his art room, having curled up as his wolf in the corner of the room, paint coating his fur. I didn't want to know what he was doing in there to look like that. Alpha Blackbourne was in his room. Kota was in the library. Sean and Nathan were in their rooms too. Nathan was still up, going through fighting moves, probably too restless to sleep too. Silas dozed outside Sang's room in his wolf form and my heart hurt seeing him like that.

He rarely strayed far from the female wolf and when he did, he wasn't as responsive as he used to be. I had my suspicions about what was going on between the two of them, but I wasn't ready to name it because the thought made my chest ache.

I moved on to the camera in Sang's room. Sang was in her room, shifting in her bed, but still sleeping. I stared at her for a few seconds, the way her hair spread out against the pillows, how her eyes screwed up and she shifted around. She was having a nightmare and according to Silas, this was normal for her since escaping.

She had a lot of baggage she needed to work through and I knew all of us felt helpless because we didn't know how to help her. She was struggling to just stay sane half the time.

I moved on to the cameras outside of the house working my way out as I kept my senses alert on my surroundings.

I shifted briefly before settling back down, glancing up into the darkness surrounding me. My wolf sight made it easier to see into the shadows, but some shifters were good at hiding in the dark.

Suddenly, a long, powerful howl broke through the night air. A cold shiver went through my body, my instincts understanding the sound, why the owner of that howl was determined, on a mission.

Sang! Silas's voice broke through the daze the sound put me into. I shook my head.

She's on a hunt, I sent out.

Who?

Chatter picked up and I pushed away the distraction as I shifted, making sure to grab a small bag I kept with me while on patrol, and took off toward the sound.

North? Know where she is?

Heading east.

I shifted my direction and pushed hard. Moments later, North joined me as we tracked her, the others behind us but still a bit away since they were coming out of sleep and had to work through the confusion.

Sang's on a hunt, I sent out, filling them in. We don't know what set her off, or why. No one is around here but us.

Catch her, Alpha Blackbourne sent out.