Chapter Twenty: Arabelle's pov

The doctors said that I could leave a few hours after everyone left. Sarah drove me home and my biggest hope was that they were still next door. I stood next to their door and looked at Sarah with hopeful eyes. She closed her eyes and shook her head. I looked down at the floor and remembered when I was greeted by Kris and smiled then realized that they were gone and frowned again.

I could feel the tears filling in my eyes, like a little girl who got denied a puppy for her birthday. But it was more than that. I was having the time of my life and it took a good three minutes for my life to be ruined. After being shot the doctors told me that I may never be able dance again.

Sarah was not aware of this because she was in the restroom when the doctor told me. She realized that there was something else wrong and put two and two together.

"What did that doctor tell you?" She asked cocking her head to one side with a concerned look. She looked like a worried mom. Even though I was older than her she acted like she was my older sister.

"She said that I may never be able to dance again." I said with a tear rolling down my face.

"We'll find a way. I promise." She said. I would usually stop crying after she would say something like that. I was still crying though. I couldn't stop thinking about how happy I was when Kai kissed me. Then he crushed me by doing what he did. It killed me.

Sarah pulled something out of her pocket and handed it to me. It was a folded up piece of paper. She had walked in before me and that must have been on the floor and she picked it up. She also handed me the small piece of paper that Kai left on my bedside table. I unfolded the piece of paper and began to read.

"I'm so sorry. I know that you probably won't want to read this, but I need you to. I just got done yelling at Xiumin because he basically said that what Kai did to you was not worth losing Kai over. I feel so bad for just leaving you there. I hate myself for it. I couldn't believe what Kai did to you. I was always jealous of what you and Kai had and the moment he did that I was so mad. I just want you to know that if you still need to talk I gave Kai my number to leave with you, and if you didn't get that, here's my number. I'm sorry Arabelle." I looked at the phone number as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"We can call him at anytime." Sarah said. I shook my head. I couldn't do it now. I just wasn't capable of it. I looked at my room.

"I need some real sleep." I said walking to the room with the letter held tight to my chest. I laid down in my bed and cried myself to sleep.