Prologue

The students of Ever After High, sat, in neat rows, in Professor Rumpelstiltskin's class, the last class they had until Summer Vacation. No one could wait.

Tick, tick, tick.

Apple White couldn't stop staring at the clock above the chalkboard.

Tick, tick, tick.

Seven minutes and thirty seven seconds, seven minutes and thirty six seconds-.

"Apple White!" Professor Rumpelstiltskin called,"we're you listening?"

"Oh um.." Apple trailed off.

"One pile of straw spun into gold for you, miss Apple White," Rumpelstiltskin commanded,"you know what that means," he paused to give an evil grin,"detention during lunch tomorrow!" The professor gave an evil laugh, but Apple was trying to hold in her own laugh.

Today was the last day of school until summer started, and there was- Apple checked the clock- only six minutes and twenty two seconds left of school.

Apple would miss her best friends for ever after, but she was super hexictited for summer!

Five minutes and forty seven seconds.

Ashlynn Ella couldn't help but stare at Hunter, his perfect brown eyes, and his charming smile.

But Ashlynn knew this was probably going to be the last time they saw each other until next fall.

Ashlynn sighed, Professor Rumplestlitskin was droning on and on about the periodic table of spellements

Ashlynn checked the clock. Only three minutes and forty three seconds left.

Professor Rumplestlitskin just remembered,"today is the last day of school, I have work to give you!"

Professor Rumplestlitskin hobbled to his desk, and opened a draw. He took out a huge stack of papers and said,"this is your summer homework," everybody groaned,"if you don't complete it by the end of the summer, DETENTION!!!!!! Wahhhhhhhhhh"

Just then, the bell rang.

Briar Beauty's pink glasses were perched on the edge of her nose with her head in her arms snoring, when the bell rang.

Her eyes popped open, as she rushed out of the classroom, followed by Professor Rumplestlitskin's cries.

Outside the classroom, Briar found Ashlynn.

"Hey Ashlynn," Briar said.

"Oh, hey Briar," Ashlynn replied, her head hanging low.

"What's the matter?" Briar asked.

"It's just..I don't know," Ashlynn replied,"over the summer I'm have to... I..."

"If you have plans that you don't like, then cancel them," Briar advised.

"I can't cancel this, it's... my parents have been planing this for weeks, " Ashlynn explained,"it wouldn't be right to cancel, even if I could."

"Well then," Briar thought,"why don't you forget about it, that's what I do. I live everyday to the fullest! I don't think about my future, 'cause I know what it's going to be." Briar took a deep breath, knowing that after every day, she's one step closer to sleeping for one-hundred years.

"You're right Briar," Ashlynn chirped up, and gave Briar a hug,"thank you!" Ashlynn waved goodbye, and left.

Briar shrugged,"happy to help."