Chapter Twenty Six: Rosabella Beauty

Rosabella let out a laugh as Darling smiled at her own joke.

"You're not serious?" Rosabella asked between giggles.

Darling nodded her to show she was very serious and Rosabella laughed louder.

"I can't believe they would say something like that," Rosy commented after the rest of her laughs were softly tucked away inside her.

"That's not all though," Darling continued with a mischievous grin, "she then said that I was a complete stuck up snob. The nerve of those people!"

Rosabella laughed again, harder then ever before.

"I promise you," Darling continued, "I wanted to raise my eyebrows, snap my fingers in her face, and say 'look who's talking'"

Rosabella continued her giggling as Darling replayed what she had wanted to say.

"Stuck up snobby princess themselves I tell you." Darling continued with her sassiness showing on her face, "you should have heard the squeal of my roommate when she walked into her closet. The loudest shriek of all time was emitted from that skinny little blonde princess. It could have broken our 'priceless' glass vase."

Rosabella giggled again at the image of a young girl in an oversized pink ball gown, with way to much blonde curled hair on her head, and a pouting dog face displayed on the girl's delicate face as she looked at a broken glass vase scattered on the floor from her high pitched shriek.

"Wow," said shaking her head at the image after her giggles had gone, "that is one crazy princess."

Darling continued her stories of Royal prep, and Rosabella finished with her own stories of Camp Destiny and John, the son of Gaston.

"I'm telling you, he's nothing like his father," Rosabella explained about her crush, "I heard that after my mom, Gaston moved on to find someone like her, but actually marry this new woman. I feel really bad for John's mom."

The girls continued to share their horrific experiences of camp until they fell into silence. Rosabella kept peeking at the grand castle until curiosity overwhelmed her.

"Maybe we should check it out," Rosabella suggested after a while.

Darling matched her friend's gaze to the gleaming castle and shrugged, "okay," she replied simply.

Rosabella led the way to a side entrance to the building. The hallway she entered had polished wood floors with a long red velvet carpet down the center. A vanity sat on the opposite wall, portraying a mirror above, and holding two vases of fresh flowers.

Rosabella continues to venture down the halls, gasping at the gorgeous architecture of archways and spiral staircases. She was amazed by the displays of color and decorative items scattered around in a neat and tidy looking way.

Rosabella ascended up the grand staircase after  staring in awe at the grand entrance. She quickly scolded the storybook of legends sitting on a platform and left it to dust as she passed by. Darling also stared at the book and muttered something like I had one too in my castle.

The two girls continued to explore the many hallways and room throughout the castle, starting from the main floor all the way to the third. Rosabella opened a dark wooden door and turned the light switch on.

She was surprised to find the room had a single bulb at the center casting long shadows across the walls. The room looked like a bunker that should belong on the sub level instead of the third floor considering it was made of solid cenment. But most surprising was a battle map laid out on a table with littletoy soldier figurines thrown across its surface. Darling walked around the table examining the map rigorously.

"This looks ancient," Darling said out loud after gently touching the parchment.

Rosabella shrugged, "this room is going me the creeps," she stated as she shivered and walked out.

Darling followed her friends out after a few more examinations. They then went on and poked their head in a couple of other rooms to explore.

Finally, Rosabella stoped. She stared at the spiral staircase before her. It was made of complete stone and concrete which made it look like it should have been in midevil times and not present day.

The railing on the side was iron as Darling pointed out, and the plaque to the side called it Destiny Tower.

"Shall we?" Darling asked her friend.

Rosabella nodded and replied, "let's see what Destiny Tower has to offer."

•••
Another chapter done! I'm so sorry for not publishing this past Wednesday but school has been dragging me down so thankfully I was able to finish this chapter for anyone who likes to read this story. What do you guys think Destiny Tower is??? Please vote and comment it really makes my day!

-Isabelle